Monday, February 13, 2017

See With Your Heart

God is an imaginative, creative Being, wouldn’t you agree?  After all, He created octopuses and spiders, elephants and you and I.  And He created mankind in His own image and likeness.  Therefore, we are imaginative, creative beings as well.

As young children entering into the school system in America, we are quickly taught that we are not allowed to be imaginative anymore. God-for-bid you are caught looking out a window daydreaming or doodling!  We learn at an early age to squelch our imaginations.  In art class, they put an apple on a table and we were told to paint what we see.  Meaning what you see with your eyes. But, the greatest artists in history have used their spiritual eyes - their imaginations.  That is the mark of genius.  
A few years back, I participated in a drawing exercise.  A statement was put on the blackboard and you had to draw your interpretation of it using three separate boxes. As soon as the exercise began, everyone started drawing. However, I sat with my eyes closed for quite a while. I imagined, then drew. The results surprised even me. 
Out of everyone doing the exercise, I was the only one who did not draw the exact image the statement portrayed. And I was the only one who did not do it in box #1, then #2, then #3 order.  The instructor’s reaction was very profound. So much so that she kept asking me questions about it.  She literally sat there staring at me with her mouth open, shaking her head.  And she could not get over that I didn’t draw in order yet it made perfect sense. She told me that she could tell from my imagery of the statement and the use of the boxes that I was a “deeply spiritual person”. She had never met me before that one class and knew nothing about who I am. 
To this day, I daydream, especially when stressed.  “THINK on things that are good and lovely….”  “Think on” means to imagine it; to daydream about it. To this day, I have certain daydreams I settle my mind on when I cannot sleep at night. It relaxes me and I drift off.  

The genius, Einstein, said, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”  Einstein! 
Why would Einstein 
believe such a thing?  Because he had to have imagined it before he could create it or find an answer to his quest of discovery. Just like God. Before we were created in our mother’s womb, God knew us - through His Imagination.  We were imagined first. in. The. Heart. of. God. Then created in the womb.

So, let me ask you: Is your imagination of God skewed?  How do you imagine God Almighty?  Do you actually ever visualize Him?  Only when you’ve read all of the Bible - all the Old Testament and the New - do you get a proper “image” of God.  You can’t even have the proper image of Jesus Christ without the imagines of God and His Spirit from the Old Testament. For “They” are One God.  What is your image of Him?  Does it align with Who He actually is?

May you ponder these questions.

Because of Him and Unto Him, 

2 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

GOd has been really healing my imagination the last 3-4 years or so. Just last night, he sweetly guided me into thinking on what was pure and lovely verses unforgiveness and sadness. The result was peace and a sweet sleep. Keep dreaming BIG with our YUGE God. I love you, Di. XO

Diane Ronzino said...

That's great, Mel! I'm happy for you! Bless our Father!