Monday, October 3, 2016

The Dew-ness of Life

One of God’s provisions for sustaining life on planet Earth is dew. Tiny droplets of water formed during “perfect” conditions that occur during the night. 

I have been meditating on this Scripture verse for days now: 

Therefore may God give you of the dew of Heaven, of the fatness of the earth, and plenty of grain and wine.  
~ Genesis 27:28

This is, in part, the blessings of Issac over his son, Jacob, before Issac takes his last earthly breath.

“The dew of Heaven” is poetic and symbolic.  Heaven’s dew is symbolic of God’s Perfect Provision, and God’s Perfect Provision is here upon earth for us now. 

Dew is not anything I normally think about unless I’m walking in the grass early in the morning or in the cold of wintertime when I need to defrost the car window.  It’s just there, early in the mornings, as
needed. 

God’s provision for you and I is similar.  It shouldn't be something I need to think about if I’m living up to His conditions.
John 14:23 says:  Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My Word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."
Obedience to The Word of God is the condition for God's Blessings in our life.  Obedience is what proves our love for God.  Anyone can say the love God, but we know actions speak louder than words.  And if we are obedient, then The Perfect Holy Presence and Provision of our God is available to us. And since Provision is within us, we need not think about it. Kind of like dew, it is just there.  Before we even realize we need His provision, it is already in place for us.

In fear and desperation, we cry out to God to provide for us.  But, that IS fear and desperation talking, not faith.  Faith is KNOWING (fully assured) the Dew of Heaven is upon my life - that His Blessing is upon my life and that His Provision is already in place.  

Dew of Heaven, please forgive me for all the times in fear and desperation I've cried out to You.  May I walk in this assurance from this day forward: Your provision for the rest of my life is already in place.  I thank You and bless You and praise You for You are the Dew-ness of my life.

Because of Him and Unto Him,



4 comments:

Floyd Samons said...

So well said… I think all of us have cried out in fear, fearing the things of this world more than we revere or fear our Father. Kinda like idolatry isn't it? When we fear all the things of this earth sitting in the palm of His hand next to us, we have a lesson in wisdom coming.

Most excellent reminder in beautiful words, sister.

Caroline said...

Diane, perfect blog for moving and financial uncertainties I am facing. Please forgive me too God for wavering from my strong walk of faith and the still waters you are shepherding me along.

Diane Ronzino said...

OUCH! Floyd, idolatry. YES, it sure is. Oh, thank God for His Lovingkindness and Mercy toward us.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Caroline....I've been exactly where you are. I understand all the emotions in play in your head. God understands too. Just don't stay there! Like Floyd said in his comment, our fears exalt themselves above the nature and truth of God; therefore, they must be cast down. Otherwise, it is idolatry. HUGS to you.