Monday, August 29, 2016

On The Heels of Victory

Oh, if I could teach Believers one thing, it would be this:

Always, on the heels of victory comes demonic onslaughts.

And for one purpose only: to knock the victory right out of us; to steal the joy that comes from that awesome thing God has done for us, in us, or through us; to shove us back into the flesh so that we react.  Maturity and growth come from such encounters.  If we allow it.

Not being ignorant of Satan's tactics, and understanding that it WILL most CERTAINLY come, is half the battle.
...lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices. ~ 2 Cor. 2:11
The other half is no matter who the attack comes through, that we recognize that it is a diabolical plot and not take offense with the person in whom it does comes from. They are just being used like Geppetto masterfully puppeteered Pinocchio. Our problem is not with them, but with God's enemy.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ~ Eph. 6:12
Stand your ground with the belt of Truth around your waist - Truth of the above Scriptures.  For by doing so, you give the evil one a black eye!

And...

AND more importantly...

Greater will be your victory! Greater will be your maturity and reflection of Christ-likeness.  Oh, Hallelujah!

Because of Him and Unto Him,



4 comments:

Betty Draper said...

I think you have given the devil a dosey of a black eye more then once my friend.

Caroline said...

Miss Diane So trilled for this post. You are our blog encourager. This topic keeps swirling in my mind, now for weeks ,that I feel I need to learn about. Overall things r getting better n better but wrenches of life come in too much.Although I feel I am a victor and I continue continually following the Holy Spirit most moments of the day.Thank you for shedding more light on this topc. Agree highly w/ Betty Love you.

Floyd Samons said...

Timely post and reminder for me, sister. I'm dealing with some stuff, or people, that are definitely testing me. But, "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." Thanks, Diane. No such thing as a coincidence in our lives.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you Betty, Caroline, and Floyd! Forgive me for not commenting back sooner. Sometimes hours get away from me. I appreciate you reading and taking the time to comment. Love you all.