Monday, May 2, 2016

Seeing Green

Here are the two things I’ve been meditating on this morning:
“If a man cannot prove his “religion” in the valley, it is not worth anything.”                                               ~ Oswald Chambers
II Corth. 5:7:  For we walk by faith, not by sight.
My eyes see the unseen because faith is my eyesight.  Now, if THAT is true, then my “religion” should be proven out in the valley times of this earthly journey.  And not just the valley times, but the ho-hum everyday existence when it’s neither mountain top nor valley.  In going about my daily routines, is my sight centered in on the unseen?  Am I aware of all the angels around me, moving on my behalf as I declare God’s Word from my lips?  (Psalm 103:20   Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His Word, heeding the voice of His Word. )  Am I aware of the spiritual battle all around me that is being fought on my behalf?

I have observed that most “Christians” today are like someone who has just lost their eyesight and are terrified to learn to navigate the darkness.  They sit.  Unable to move.  Unable to do.  All due to fear of this or fear of that.  Excuse after excuse.  Is their “religion” worth anything?  They have not turned on their faith eyesight.   


A woman I know - who is a long-time Christian - has told me she wants to attend my Bible study, but will not come because she doesn’t like the road that the building is off of.  Huh?!  (It is a 35 MPH thoroughfare.)  It makes my head glitch.


I do not want to be one such as that.  I want to continue to brave the darkness, fine tuning my faith-eyesight as if I were wearing precision, military night-goggles, which gives me the ability to see no matter how black the darkness is, no matter how deep in a valley I may be in.  



Because of Him and Unto Him,

4 comments:

Floyd Samons said...

Love that quote. We've come to realize that our Father marches us through the valley for His glory and our benefit of wisdom and witness for Him. Of course he could march us around it and even pick us up and set us on the other side... but instead, He walks with us, "I will fear no evil, for YOU are with me."

If I have to be outside the valley without Him, count me out!

Thanks for the reminder, Diane.

Betty Draper said...

This is an encouraging post Diane because it hold a truth so many walk in at times, fear is real, as real as faith. When some simple fear comes to me I have to look back at all the things I have feared in the past and that tells me faith has always conquered that fear. When someone gives me a lame excuse I know fear of something is usually behind it. Nothing I love better then helping someone conquering their fears. It is those places we fear that hold the most growth and blessings. I know you have been in many of these place since your life was turned upside down yet you continue to draw from it and bring forth fruit. You are a blessing Diane and would someday love to meet you face to face.

Diane Ronzino said...

Boy do I agree with you, Floyd! Thanks for your thoughts!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty. Do you know you are on my bucket list? I so want to meet you face-to-face. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a 2 or 3 days together to talk, pray, share The Word? One of these days....it will be so....