Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I'm A Big Girl Now

M A J O R

Lifestyle

Change

A G A I N

For the third time in two and a half years, I'm going through major lifestyle change.  For the third time in two and a half years, I'm d
                                                       o
                                                         w
                                                            n
                                                              sizing.

Again.

Someone said to me recently, "Well, downsizing isn't God.  God is all about increase." Well, I would say she doesn't know God intimately enough to understand that isn't a true statement.  God's "downsizing" is all about increase. I guess it all depends on if you see the glass half full or half empty.

It is a stripping away.  A pruning by the Vinedresser.  A letting go of these temporal things. A getting ready for new possibilities.  And it is FREEDOM!

I did something yesterday that most people do in their twenties, but because I married young and moved straight from my childhood home to my marital home, I never lived on my own.  As I made the decision, as I signed my name, I said to my friend, "I'm a big girl now!"  Oh, how we laughed and giggled with glee as if we were two young girls moving out on our own.



Since my steps are ordered by The LORD, I have peace. And a joyful expectancy in the midst of the "Did I make the right decision?" quandary.  Right or wrong, the decision is made.  Right or wrong, I'm holding Abba's Hand.  Right or wrong, I'm letting go of all that has been and embracing the possibilities of what can be.  Right or wrong, I feel so free.

I feel like Mary Tyler Moore did on the opening credits of her TV show when she threw her beret up in the air on the streets of Minneapolis.  I'm a big girl now!  (he-he)




Thank you, Tell Me A True Story, for allowing me to share on your site!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

4 comments:

Floyd Samons said...

Good for you!!! Congrats!

I'm with you. In God's economy, most of the time less is more. The older I get the easier it is for me to grasp that.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by to read, Floyd!

Hazel Moon said...

I did some minor downsizing a day or two ago, but I need to do a major cutting away. You are correct that there are times in our life we do need to give away and share things we really don't need. They take up so much room in our lives. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by to read, Hazel!