Wednesday, May 11, 2016

As the Baby Sails Out the Window

"Don't feel sad over someone who gave up on you.  Feel sorry for them, because they gave up on someone who would never have given up on them."                                                                                     Lessonslearnedinlife.com
You know, I've thought about this exact saying countless times in the past two and a half years. I'm sad for the husband of my youth because I wonder if his young, other-wife, will unconditionally love him so as to take care of him in his old age.  She did not love and honor him for 40 years through the good, the bad, and the ugly but, will she for the next decades to come? Or will she abandon him when he no longer serves her purpose just as he has done to the family of his youth?  Oh, how I wonder and pray that he has contemplated such matters. As one who knows The Word of God and stood in pulpits teaching extensively on this subject, does he need to be reminded that the Law of sowing and reaping is in play here?  

Oh, I do feel sorry for him. It is sad that he has thumbed-his-nose-up at Unconditional Love (Agape) and settled for lust. Lust that will be very fleeting in the days to come.



I don't give up on people (obviously). Things yes, people no.  I do not "burn bridges" behind me.  I always leave the door open to those who were "once" in my life. I may throw the bath water out, but never the baby with it.  

Why? Because Agape Love

permeates my being. Agape does not lock doors up tight. Agape does not burn the bridge behind itself. Agape does not throw the "baby out with the bathwater". 

GOD's door is always open to us.  The "bridge" back to Him is always stable, secure, and reachable. And GOD never, ever throws us away - no matter how dirty or ugly our "bath water" might be.  


Agape in me does not give up on someone because GOD, Who IS Love, does not.   


Even when others do.


Even when others do.


I am so thankful GOD has never thrown me away - even when my bath water was nasty and polluted.  Now, that is Agape!


Because of Him and Unto Him,

6 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

So deep Di! How deep and how wide is His love for us? Where would I be without the Agape love of Jesus. Dear God, please work you Agape in me!!! Thank you Di, for being an example of the Agape love of our savior, the lover of our wounded.... and healed souls, amen XO

Floyd Samons said...

Amen, sister. Me too! Love the perspective and wisdom.

Caroline said...

I had a few good friends give up on me throgh the years.I want to know God, what is wrong with me? What do I need to change? Most recently and the deepest hurt was one girl friend who calld me her best friend , the best one she ever had who she could talk to so openly like she never could with anyone else.(when I question these truths, n I doI look at recent cards where she wrote those very words) as I did her and I was so blessed to have her God connection.When we prayed for each other the Holy Spirit was there ,his prescense was palpable, purely uplifting.Since those days I have not been able to pray so fully in the spirit.She completely shut me out of her life when she found out she had cancer without telling me, I found out by a common friend.She died a more than a yr later.Now 2 months later tears are still flowing.
,

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Caroline, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I can feel your pain, your grief. I wish I could hug you.

Caroline said...

I wish I could hug you too,thank you Diane

Caroline said...

I wish I could hug you too,thank you Diane