Monday, April 4, 2016

Finger's "Face-lift"

etsy.com  If you’ve never shopped Etsy, you are missing something special.  From this site, I buy all my gift-giving items. 

I decided to shop for myself. I wanted to find a ring to replace my retired-wife rings. But, not just a ring that was nice and I liked.  No. I wanted one that would hold a special meaning for me - just as my marital rings once did.

So, I started "window shopping" on Etsy.  I found the ring and it was hand-made for me by a jeweler in Israel.  (Israel!  Oh, my heart….)  But, I didn’t realize that the shop owner was Israeli when the ring first came to my attention.  I was drawn to it, like a moth to a light.  I studied it, read the details about it, and prayed about it.  I kept coming back to it and over time I finally decided to order it.  Only then, did I realize the shop was in Israel. 

It is white gold bearing tiny rubies in the shape of a “v”.  It is a small, petite ring. Simple. Unobtrusive. Knowing my relationship with Abba, I knew it had to mean something significant.  So, I began my research.  

The letter “v” (vav) in Hebrew has a few meanings. Two of which are “The Shekinah Glory of Jehovah", and "who was born a man”.  

The Shekinah Glory of Jehovah Who was born a Man...wow...

The word “shekinah” does not exist in Scripture. However, its concept does.  Shekinah means: He caused to dwell; Divine Presence.  

The Divine Presence of God Almighty, Jesus Christ, is not some sort of hovering, up-in-the-sky, non-personal deity.  No, He dwells within.  His Divine Presence is within me - not out there beyond the moon and the stars, somewhere. No. He orders and directs my life from within me. His still small Voice is heard within my being. His Word is deep within my heart - dwelling within me. 

And The Divine Presence of God Almighty, Jesus Christ, is my Husband as well as my Saviour and Lord:
For your Maker is your Husband, The Lord of hosts is His Name ~ Isa. 54:5
And has been since the day I first read this Scripture some 30 years ago.  So, this is my new marriage band.  I may be a retired wife in the natural, but not so in the spiritual!  My beloved Husband, my Maker, is with me never to abandon me. He will be by my side as I grow old(er) loving on me, providing for me, and taking good care of me just as He has always done.  

And now I have an additional covenant ring. A gift from my Beloved. A ring symbolizing His fidelity to me, and a reminder of my value - my "worth is far above rubies"!

Oh, how blessed I am and how special my ring is!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

8 comments:

TC Avey said...

Beautiful ring and post. God truly is wonderful. He's our everything.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by and reading, TC! God is my Everything! Amen and Amen!

Melanie Ghauri said...

V for Victory. Red for the POWER in the blood of Jesus. Yet simple, subtle and special just for you. What a beautiful symbol of the bond you have with your "Ishi" Hosea 2:16 "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.' Where it with honor & love and you where it well my friend. I love you. (I am listening to a story/song, "I put my life into your hands" while I write this. Coincidence... I think not. Remind me to share with you!)

Floyd Samons said...

Good for you! Love the tie in to God's word and your perspective on this life. He is the temple and He dwells within. You have a small standing stones on your hand as a reminder of our Father's grace. Pretty cool...

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

It's beautiful!

Diane Ronzino said...

I knew you would find it so special and spiritual, Mel! Thank you. And here is the reminder: Tell me about the song!

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen, Floyd! Amen!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Veronica!!!!