Monday, March 7, 2016

Grit and Grace

It takes “true grit” to go on living through life’s most challenging seasons of life.  It would be so much easier to “let go” and “go with God” into Eternity, where there is no more pain, no more suffering. You can see that case-in-point through the blogposts of Adam Buzzard, my daughter, Alece’s, friend.  Adam has gone through one of the most harrowing, horrific cancer battles I’ve yet to hear about.

Is it the grit of just our humanness or the Grace of the Divine that gets us through horrific trials and tribulations?

Where does that grit come from to keep putting one step in front of the other on the darkest, loneliest, painfullest, “I want this to be over!” kind of days, weeks, months, and yes, years?

Grace.  
“My grace is enough for you: for where there is weakness, My Power is shown the more completely.”  ~ God Almighty, as recorded in II Corth. 12:9 
The Grace of our Father infused into the born-again spirit of man. Grace is not something He gives us.  It’s something He is, just like He IS Agape.

Do we really understand our Father’s Grace?  I don’t think so.  “God’s unmerited favor", that’s our immediate definition that we give because we learned it in church.  Yes, BUT…

But, what do we learn experientially

Do we ever really stop and ponder what it really does mean or how God applies it in our life’s circumstances?  We sing about God’s “Amazing Grace” in salvation, but, do we really take the time to think about what life would be like if God’s Grace were not still a living, active force within us?

I do not think we’ve even begun to grasp the meaning of the manifestation of Grace extended to us during our trials and tribulations.  

I think our Abba’s Grace embodies courage and grit, fortitude and strength, favor, as well as the fruits of His Spirit:  Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Generosity, Faithfulness, Tolerance, and Self-control. 

For in the midst of the deepest ocean we can find ourselves in, or the hottest furnace, or while being hammered almost to death on the anvil of life, Grace affords us Christ-likeness.  If we allow Grace to do so. 

Grace allows us to be sweet when circumstances calls for us to respond otherwise.  Grace allows us to love the unloveable; to go the extra mile; to override the ugliest or angriest; to keep putting one foot in front of the other when deep down we would rather quit; to forgive the most horrific act and or betrayal; and to truly see there is truly only one set of Footprints in the sand.

Grit’s fortitude, determination, and guts IS Grace.  Grace personified in our lowly beings by our Father Who is so much bigger and grander than any circumstances or emotions.

God’s Gentle, Divine Grace fused with the human will.  To me, it can no longer be defined just as "unmerited favor".

I would love to hear what your definition of our GOD's Grace is. 

Because of Him and Unto Him,


8 comments:

Betty Draper said...

My sweet sister in the Lord, this post was exactly what I needed to read today for it piled up on several other reminders from the Lord about His grace for me. Thank you for being so raw and real about your pain, it has not been wasted, people have been and will be helped by the deep faith God has instilled in you through life. I really wish I could sit down face to face with you and share my heart.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty. You are welcome to call me anytime. We can sit and have a cup of tea together. Let me know when is good for you. I love and appreciate you.

Caroline said...

Diane thank you 4 this encouraging post! Grace & Grit. I view sometimes as a balancing connection to my Father God.He the Holy Spirit knows when I need to feel say more grit n deterination n other times total unconditional love n to practice total acceptance for myself and others.However some areas of life need a lot more grit EG.my work I have been feeling the grit of the spirit pushing through more.

Caroline said...

Diane thank you 4 this encouraging post! Grace & Grit. I view sometimes as a balancing connection to my Father God.He the Holy Spirit knows when I need to feel say more grit n deterination n other times total unconditional love n to practice total acceptance for myself and others.However some areas of life need a lot more grit EG.my work I have been feeling the grit of the spirit pushing through more.

Diane Ronzino said...

Caroline, so nice of you to come by and read. And comment. Your insights are beautiful. A reflection of your heart! YOU, my friend, should blog! Go for it!

Caroline said...

Tnx Diane although I wish I could ..you are too kind.Sending love and prayers.

Caroline said...

Tnx Diane although I wish I could ..you are too kind.Sending love and prayers.

Caroline said...

Tnx Diane although I wish I could ..you are too kind.Sending love and prayers.