Thursday, February 11, 2016

The All Caps of Love

I am a romantic at heart.  I think this photo is soo romantic.  It just stirs my soul.


Recently, I had a conversation with a sister-in-The LORD about Love. She believes GOD's Word is true about His Love, but admitted, she herself, has never experienced GOD's Agape for herself. She has been a Christian for over 40 years.  Her confession astounded me and left me saddened for her.

I cannot imagine living one more day on planet Earth without GOD's Agape toward me.  Without giving my Agage back to Him.  And not just back to Him, but to others in my sphere of influence.

Agape in.
Agape out.

Yesterday was an overwhelmingly emotional day.  Every now and then the desire for human love comes over me like a wave. It seems to suddenly knock me over and hold me underneath the water where I can't breathe. I was fighting the turbulent waters to get back to the surface - to the surface of Agape, where I live and breathe, move and have my being (Acts 17:28a).

I resurfaced again. Straight up into the Arms of Apage. For no man or friend completes us or fulfills the need for unconditional love. No man or friend that I know of can fill the loneliness that sometimes overtakes my soul. Only GOD Almighty, my FATHER, fills that longing and need in my heart.

I do not even use the word "love" in reference to GOD anymore.  I cannot.  For "love" is used for everything from pizza and bungie-jumping to GOD, Himself.  No!  Absolutely not!  I cannot lump GOD in with pizza.


It's Agape.  His Divine Self.

So Holy.
So Pure.
So Joyful.
So Selfless.
So Sacrificial.
So Unconditional.
So Undemanding.
So Giving. Giving. Giving.
So Extravagant!

And oh, so Fulfilling.

Yes, that is God's "Love".  Since GOD IS Agape, then I should write Agape in all caps because when we talk of God's AGAPE we are talking about The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, Himself.  No ordinary word can be associated with GOD.

I'm blessed beyond measure because of the AGAPE my FATHER and I share, and for the bounty of AGAPE that overflows onto others.  It is a continuous well of goodness.

Did you see the "message" at the end of the Super Bowl half-time show?  BELIEVE IN LOVE.

I do.  I believe in AGAPE.  And should my FATHER bestow a human companion unto me to walk out this last portion of my lifetime, that man will have to be someone extraordinary!  Because he, too, will have to intimately and experientially know of our FATHER'S AGAPE, and he would have to be a continuous well of goodness onto others.

Having experienced the "real thing", how could I ever settle for less?

Because of Him and Unto Him,


6 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you for sharing this beautiful message I really needed it.

Floyd Samons said...

So appreciate the heart and passion you share with and about our Father. I'd say that's a right on perspective. Thanks for the reminder, sister.

Diane Ronzino said...

Dorothy, how special for me that you came by and read and that it means so much to you. That warms my heart. Our Father is so awesome!!!!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you for coming by, Floyd!

Betty Draper said...

Great reminders Diane to soak in God's love for us so it can build our love for Him to the point of surrender.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Amen, Betty. AMEN!