Sunday, January 10, 2016

Holy Agita, Batman!

Oh, the joy and agita of anticipation.

In 13 days, I will meet someone face-to-face who I know intimately but have never met.

What started out about 20 years ago as a ministry of writing to encourage someone in prison, has progressed over the years to a friendship and taking up a cause.  All through correspondence and recent phone conversations.

As of late, in anticipation of actually meeting for the first time, we banter back and forth about the mishaps that could occur due to being nervous.  We have had some hearty laughs about it all!

But, the agita remains.  And will on that day in particular, I'm sure.

I question God's timing in all this.  I flew down to meet him two and a half years ago (before my life imploded), but because of computer glitches, the state of Virginia would not allow me to visit.

Now, after all my shocks and dealing with the devastation in the wake of Joe's secrets, his plots and plans to destroy me, and causing me to lose my home, my car, family and friends.  NOW my Father asks me to go and meet someone for the first time?  Holy agita, Batman!



NOW, LORD?  Really???

My self esteem has been on a slow upswing for a bit now (thank You, LORD!), but it is nowhere near where it should be.  So, NOW, You want me to go, LORD?  UGH.  A G I T A !   (For you non-Italians, "agita" is an Italian word for a nervous stomach.)




So, I will dig my heels in and start changing my "self talk".  I will cast down the vain imaginations that exalt itself against the Promises of God.  I will start speaking aloud positive confessions over myself. And It will be an awesome meet-and-greet!  With NO mishaps!  And I will share with you all when I get home.  God is going to do some awesome things!  (I'm praying that I may even have the opportunity to meet Alex or Thomas who shared Christmas Eve with me.)

I need to think about my Father so much so, that I no longer think about Diane.  I can do this!  Yes, I can!  Because the Spirit of The Holy God is in me! (Dan. 4:18b)

Oh, the joy and agita of anticipation!

Because of Him and Unto Him, 



4 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

Wow Di. The words....
"I need to think about my Father so much so, that I no longer think about Diane" has shifted something in me this morning. And I will repent. Also, share with you soon. Amazing how sharing in our moments of weakness can cause a ripple effect of breakthroughs for others! Amen!

Melanie Ghauri said...

Now Agita BE GONE (1/4 Sicilian here :)) in the mighty name of Jesus. I see you at peace and filled with so much of God's love that IT is the only thing that overflows onto everyone that day, amen Also book suggestion by Cindy Trimm, "Command My Morning". Awesomeness and has been helping me in this area. Love you xo

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

Wow, this reads like a movie plot! A good one! I can't wait to her what happens next! You have been in my thoughts with love, Diane! May everything go smoothly!

Floyd Samons said...

Praying for you, Diane. Be you. You'll have a blast and they're gonna cherish you.