Monday, December 7, 2015

The Dancing Shadows of Dignity

My Christmas “tree” is bare this year.  No ornaments, no tree skirt, no pre-wrapped presents.  Bare.  Except for the wooden Cross tree-topper hand-made by my son, Michael, when he was a young teen.

As bare as it is in this moment, it will stay.  This will be my first Christmas alone.  And I’m looking forward to it.  I’m looking forward to forging new traditions for myself.  Starting with no ornaments.  So I can just enjoy the beauty of the lights and the form of my tree.

After re-arranging my plants that adorn my living-room windows, the white-lit, white-wire, Charlie Brown-tree stands in the middle and beckons to all who pass by.  I don’t think you could help but notice it, for it shines so very bright.

In the past two years, I’ve been stripped bare kind of like this tree.
  
In the past two years, there has been no adorning “ornamental-ness” about me or my life. 

I certainly haven’t felt much like a gift anyone would want to unwrap.  

Yet, all is well.

For our Father reminds me that I am His Light in this world (Matt. 5:14-16). I’ve been told, throughout these monumental-life changes that came about, that my Light has never gone out but has continued to shine. 

I question that.

But, I guess in the midst of total darkness, even the smallest flicker can be seen.  And grateful I am that my Light did not completely die out.  Flickered, most definitely, but is now burning brightly once again. And hopefully, creating dancing shadows for others to enjoy.  Oh, Hallelujah!

I heard someone say recently, “Don’t let any man steal your dignity.”  I had to meditate on that for a while.  When in the face of absolute betrayal, deception, and a long-term con against me that was pulled off so prolifically, my dignity took a walk.  But, through the prayers of so many who care for me and my God-ordained counselor, I grabbed dignity by the hand and pulled it back to me.  I now walk with my head held high.  Dignity intact. Light still ablaze.  All is well. 

Yes, I’ve been stripped bare. Down to nothingness, just like my Christmas tree.  Down to just me and my Saviour.  

Me and my restoring Saviour.  
Me and my healing Saviour.  
Me and my rescuing Saviour.  
Me and my providing Saviour.  
Me and my comforting Saviour. 
Me and my advocate Saviour. 
Me and my husband Saviour. 

And Jesus Christ was stripped bare in a most undignified manner for all the world to see for eons to come. Yes, He gave up His dignity so that I might retain mine in this time and place.  

Thank You, my Lord God.  Thank You! Yes, dignity is one of the many tiny lit-up facets on the branches of my tree-like life. If I can remain with my dignity intact while dignifying Love toward others, then my Light will continue to shine, shine, shine creating dancing shadows for others to enjoy.  It’s my dignity that is shining so bright!  Like a lighthouse in the darkness.  Just like my little Christmas tree.  Oh, Hallelujah!  Thank You, my Jesus!

11 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

I love you, Mom!

Saleslady371 said...

Beautiful. You possess the ultimate gift! Merry Christmas.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Andrew. I know you do. I appreciate you telling me! :0)

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Mary, for coming by to read. A blessed celebration of our Lord's birth to you and your family!

Floyd Samons said...

What a wonderful heart written post. Only those that have walked a path can describe it in detail and help others by the grace of God find their way too.

There is beauty in the bare tree and the bare heart. That's when we see what the Truth. The lost hide behind the ornaments and idols of this world... and it's all temporary.

Blessings to you and yours this Christmas season. I'm praying for you, sister.

caryjo said...

At my age thing, and my brain and body issue, I can't give you really sweet and special comments. Looked at yours, and when seeing what Floyd wrote, I decided to just let you know I agreed with his piece. I appreciate you and him and many. AND for some reason I haven't followed you very well for a long time. But you're a treat and a blessing. Thanks much.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Floyd!

CaryJo, yes, it has been a long time for both of us. Thank you for coming by, reading, and taking the time to comment. God bless you! Merry Christmas!

Hazel Moon said...

Our Pastor ministered a few weeks back - about the rest of the story - - and so often we wonder why our blogger friends are so quiet - then we discover there is an untold story. Jesus had foresight and He knew it was coming - the betrayal by one of his chosen. Others did not have a clue and sometimes we also are clueless - until the shoe drops. I love your barren tree just like it is. It has a song to sing with its white lights against its shining branches. Although this Christmas may be different - know that you have friends and loved ones who care for you and about you. Many have trials similar to yours, so there is understanding. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be our comforter and may you seek refuge in the everlasting arms of our God. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at Tell me a Story.

TC Avey said...

It can be so hard to shine in the darkness. In my own life I've found that we when I feel the barest is when His light is shining brightest in my life. I may not see it, but others can.
Our pain can draw us closer to our Savior.
There have been days when all I can do is go to my Savior and cry.
He truly is our everything. Not every believer is granted the gift of being stripped bare...it hurts so much, but the harvest it produces is amazing.
"Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy." Psalm 126:5

A great book I read that helped me with my pain was "The Fire of Delayed Answers" by Bob Sorge.

Thank you for sharing. May God continue to hold you and adorn your tree with His fruit.

Crown of Beauty said...

I love you bare tree, Diane. It is beautiful. And I love reading your posts. And... while it may have brought you so much pain, I love reading your story too. What you have managed to put into words, that is. I know much of your story cannot be verbalized. And I want you to know, even if we have not met, I feel love in my heart for you.

You are precious. Am sure you know this already, but let me say it. Nothing that has happened to us, or nothing that any person has done to us, or said to us, is a definition of our true worth.

Your worth, and mine, is the cost Jesus paid to give His life for us.

Much love
Lidia

Betty Draper said...

How did I miss this one ....beautiful thoughts Diane, beautiful.