Friday, November 27, 2015

Will You Play Your Drum for Him?

                        Little Drummer Boy

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum 
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum 
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum 
To lay before The King, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum, 
When we come. 

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum 
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum 
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum 
That's fit to give The King, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 

Shall I play for You, pa rum pum pum pum, 
On my drum? 

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum 
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum 
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum 
Me and my drum.  
                 ~ lyrics to Little Drummer Boy 

What is your “drum”? 
What do you “play” for the honor of The LORD? 
What are your talents?  Your giftings?

Do you play drums?
Is your talent musical, lyrical?
Is it poetry or writing?
Is it cooking, sewing, or woodworking?
Is it mechanical or playing a sport?
Is it teaching?
Preaching?
Hospitality?
Is it giving?  
Is it praying?
Is it hugging or speaking words of encouragement?
Is it listening with ears to hear?

Whatever your ”drum” is, play it unto the Glory and Honor of The King as a gift back unto Him.
Play for Him.  
Play the best you can for Him. 
And He will smile upon you.

Because of Him and Unto Him,

5 comments:

Betty Draper said...

This post encouraged me today. I am singing at a Ladies Tea in a couple weeks and the enemy of my soul is trying to discourage me from this. I could back out with the excuse my allergies is messing my voice up. I could back out with any lame excuse and have wanted to ever since I said yes. Age has taken a toll on my voice and honestly I am not in the part of the country where southern gospel is appreciated much. But, be it old, I do have a talent to use and a God that loves for me to praise Him with it. So I am doing as you said, giving my gift back to Him. HOpe you had an encouraging Thanks Giving. Praying for you my friend.

Floyd Samons said...

I love that song! It always makes me ponder the idea of our Father smiling at us. How cool is that? I'm with you in producing the fruits of the gifts that He designed for us and put in us. The Little Drummer Boy was the original "regifter"! All of us got our gifts from God.

Diane Ronzino said...

Betty, your whole life is a song unto The LORD. You have used your gifts and talents abundantly over all these years. Oh, how He smiles down upon you, precious, wise-hearted Betty! I will be holding you up in prayer for the tea. Your singing will not only bless the women, but usher in His Presence among you. If you want to send me the date and time, I'll be sure to intercede for you then as well.

Thank you for your prayers for me. God has heard. God has answered. I humbly thank you with all my heart.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Amen, Floyd! Little Drummer Boy is one of my all-time favorites. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I hope your Thanksgiving with your family was special this year. Do you know that I picture you sitting in your writing cubicle at your diner when I think of you? So special that you have a place like that to go to write. God bless you, Floyd.

IFEOMA SAMUEL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.