Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Pre-Dawn of Dawn

The Pre-Dawn of Dawn


The atmosphere is enlightened by the moon and stars You’ve hung
A dim glow outlines the mountainous-looking trees 
Just before the dawn sky awakens
Ever so briefly it goes into a deep, dark sleep

Deep darkness follows the dimly glowing sky
Why, my LORD, does this happen?

It’s like You put nature asleep to gain strength
For the burst of energy it takes to awaken nature

It’s like the darkness is the moments before the alarm goes off
Awakening us from our slumber

I watch with anticipation:
Here it comes!

Slowly, the atmosphere is beginning to glow once again
Ever so subtilely

Tree formations can now be recognized
As the lighter sky now peeks through the branches

A tiny bit lighter
All is so very still and quiet

Ever so minutely lighter
The trees seem to reach out and lift the shade up

And the birds awaken
Going through their morning rituals

What a glorious day this will be 
And You made just for me

I am glad
I rejoice
I am thankful

3 comments:

Floyd Samons said...

The way to refresh a soul is to ponder God and His creation. This reminds me of the beautiful words of King David. Your eyes are filled with the Good perspective. Wonderful.

Crown of Beauty said...

Last night I thought of you, dear Diane, and I came here and stayed a while to read your recent posts. Wanted you to know your words ministered deeply to me. There is a richer quality to your posts, and God is certainly bringing new life to the areas that death tried to take over. Shalom... Lidia

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Floyd and Lydia, for your words. My humbled heart thanks you.