Sunday, August 16, 2015

What a Difference a . Makes

Punctuation is important.  Wouldn't you say so?  You can write: 
"Let's eat, Grandpa." 
or
"Let's eat Grandpa."
                                 
Two entirely different meanings!  The little , could save Grandpa's life!  Ok, only kidding of course, but you get the point.

I was reading Psalm 5:12 this morning in the New King James Version. Here is how it is written: 
For You, O, LORD, will bless the righteous; with Favor You will surround him as with a shield.
In the original Hebrew, there is no semi colon.  It would read, "For You oh LORD will bless the righteous with Favor..." which, makes sense, since we know that we are blessed of our God; we know He surrounds us like a shield.

His Favor is a tremendous blessing in our lives - to those who need Favor.

I'm choosing to read this verse, believe it , and stand it with no semi-colon.  The blessing of my Abba's Favor to me, His righteous Daughter, is a shield around my life.  Absolutely.  But, Divine Favor is a blessing from my Abba.  And I do thank Him for it.

Thank You, my LORD, that you bless me with Favor and that You surround me as a Shield because I believe.  Because I trust.  Because I stand.

Because of Him and Unto Him.  Period.

3 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

AMEN

Floyd Samons said...

I stand with you, sister. Excellent reminder of Whom we find rest in.

Betty Draper said...

Amazing how the meaning takes on depth with the little , out of it. Blessings