Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Shadowed Heart

May my heart be the Shadow of Your Love
  stretching into the abyss of darkness
Reflecting Your Image and Likeness
Casting it’s darkened outline on the unsuspecting
  healing the wounds inflicted by our humanness













May my heart be the Shadow of Your Love
  stretching into the abyss of darkness
Reflecting Your Image and Likeness
The brightness of Your Love illuminating ambiguity 
  radiating the brilliance of Your Joy upon our own commiseration 

May my heart be the Shadow of Your Love
  stretching into the abyss of darkness
Reflecting Your Image and Likeness
The iridescence of Your Glory fall first upon me
  healing the wounds inflicted by humanness

Then and only then, will my heart truly be the Shadow of Your Love
  for the darkness in me will be enlightened
And I will be able to reflect Your Image and Likeness 
Casting it’s darkened outline on the unsuspecting
  healing the wounds inflicted by our humanness








Because of Him and Unto Him,

2 comments:

Betty Draper said...

Awesome Diane, straight from a heart that understands pain and the Love of God.

Floyd Samons said...

Wow. In the difficult times of life we find the heart, hand, and mind of our Father within. Thanks for sharing what He's given you. Powerful!!!