Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Call Me Benjamin

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a movie starring Brad Pitt as a man who ages backwards - the older he gets, the younger he becomes physically.

I feel like Benjamin Button. Chronologically, this flesh is aging. And rather quickly these days.

However, it feels like my heart, my spirit man - who I REALLY am - continues to become younger.  

Is that really possible?

…hhmmmm….

Please bear with me, as I write my thoughts…

The older my body gets, the freer I’m becoming.  I guess the Wisdom that comes with age and life experiences will do that.  And of course, my walk with God.  More so that than anything.  

As I am obedient to Him and His Word, the freer I become.  The more I commune with Him, the  more and more youthful in my heart I become.

Why is that?  How is that?…
Here is the answer!  Oh, thank You, my LORD!
Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His Benefits:  Who forgives all your iniquities,  Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  ~ King David, as recorded in Psalm 103:1-5
I’ve always read verse 5 as: God satisfies my mouth with good things, therefore, my youth is renewed like the eagle. And that never really made sense to me.  After reading Psalm 103 this morning, I realize it is when we bless God, when we are grateful to Him, when we remember all He has done for us - forgiving us, healing us, redeeming us from destruction, bestowing His graciousness to us, and satisfies us with His good things - when we do verses 1-5, THEN our youth is renewed… WOW!!!!

The key to youthfulness is having a God-consciousness daily. Day by day.  Hour by hour.  Minute by minute.  THEN, our youth is renewed.  

Hallelujah!

The older I get, the freer I get, the younger I get, the more secure I get.  Phew….

Thank You, LORD, for restoring my youth - no, I thank You for actually giving me a youth, now, in my older age because my youth was robbed from me…my senior-hood has now become my youth-hood.  Thank You for the freedom to NOW enjoy my youth and youthfulness - from the stuffed animal on my bed, to laughing, running, and playing with water pistols at a church picnic…wow…You are allowing me to experience youthfulness. You have restored unto me what Satan had stolen from me so very long ago. Thank You so much, my LORD.  Thank You!  

Just call me, Benjamin!  

Because of Him and Unto Him,



8 comments:

Hazel Moon said...

Be childlike in faith and love toward others. The more we look at God's face who lives in eternity, we become ageless in Him.

Melanie Ghauri said...

Tears. He who the son has set free is free indeed. Xo

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, I love your Wisdom and insight. Yes, ageless in Him!

Melanie...your tears say it all. Amen and Amen!

Floyd Samons said...

Wow. That is profound! Makes perfect sense though; after all, our souls are ageless. So when our soul is at peace we feel and are better. Even better than youth! Wisdom comes with age and it is more precious than silver or gold. Thanks for spending it on us!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by to read, Floyd. Hope you are enjoying summertime! It's going fast!

Jennifer Dougan said...

Diane,

We follow a tender sweet God, huh? I'm glad you are experiencing his rejeuvanation.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Betty Draper said...

Needed to read this today Diane. Thanks.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Jennifer! And Betty, so glad it spoke to you.