Wednesday, July 22, 2015

This Is Heavy...Too Heavy for My Heart

Have you ever heard the story of the two men sitting at a bar?  (No. It's not a joke.) One turns to the other and says, "You know, you're my best friend. I really love you, Brother!" The other responds, "Oh, yeah?  Well, if you really love me, then tell me where I hurt."
Tell me where I hurt = Know that I am hurting.
Thanks to: sweet-innocent-aura@deviantart
I experienced this kind of brotherly love today. I got a text from a brother in The LORD who lives far away from me and didn't know anything about my day today.  He reached out with God-anointed words of empathy. As he lifted me up with Scriptures and words of life, his compassion was tangible to me, like a hug in the supernatural realm.

It touched me deeply, yet caused me discomfort.

Why, LORD?

Hence this post.  Once again, I'm writing to myself...working through the whys of it.

To live your life with a man who never had an empathetic bone in his body is to be shut off from a most important aspect of love and human respect. (The Holy Spirit is showing me this right now.)

Oh, Wow...

To realize that a man can - and that there are some who do empathize - is causing my head to glitch.  I don't know how to react...

It scares me a little bit...The most important men in my life - father and husband - never exhibited empathy.  So, I've not experienced that kind of human heart-to-heart in over 60 years with those closest to me. I have from my children, friends, bloggers...but not in my most personal interpersonal relationships.

So I'm saddened, too...

Wow...How have I survived this long without it if one text has had such a profound impact?   ???

They say your marry a man like your own father...

Wow...

I'm so grateful for my friend's words today and I know they were from You LORD.  Do You have healing in mind?...

It's invoking some deep stuff here, LORD....

I am one of the most empathetic people I know.  I was always like that. Where did I learn it from then? 

...

....DEEP stuff...Oh, Father, show me, heal me, thank You for causing me to be touched by such basic human touch...May I not be so scared that I run from it...heal me...


Because of Him and Unto Him,


















10 comments:

Betty Draper said...

It is the trials that drive us deeper into Him, to hide our broken hearts and life in Him, to beg in the name of Jesus for healing. Your maturity shows Diane for what you beg for. I know you could beg for this to all go away which it won't, so why waste your prayers. I envision God looking at His hurting daughter lovingly pouring out insight that only comes from where you are right now. It's easy to tell you are going deeper with each post. Praying.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you. I almost called you today, but went to My Jesus instead. Love and appreciate your uplifting words of life!

Kim said...

<3 Love you <3

Saleslady371 said...

Your post reminds me of the way scripture goes down deep into those innermost places doing so much more than we can imagine (Hebrews 4:12.) I recall a particularly low point for us when Carrie was going through this, and how a sister in the Lord from Indiana emailed me a scripture on God’s love for me in The Message version. Like you, at first I thought “how nice” and then WOW it hit me that no matter what I was in the middle of, His love surrounded me and I was still lovable to Him. God always knows just what we need.
PTL for the brother sending the text. I’ve been praying for someone to come along side you so I’m encouraged.
I’ll keep you in my prayers!
Hugs,
Mary

A New Song said...

Sometimes we didn't realize what WAS missing. With my first husband, I pretty much learned to do everything myself. We both had one thing in common. I loved him an HE loved him. I gave HIM flowers, but I don't believe he ever got any for me. I got used to giving but never receiving - at least NOT from him. I trusted the Lord to meet my needs and settle myself with that. When Wm. deserted us for another woman, I really felt gypped! Suddenly he was giving her things and taking her places that he never bothered with before - mainly, it was because he was trying to make an impression. When Randy came along, I suddenly awakened to HOW things SHOULD be. I still marvel at his intuitiveness, how he is gently patient and encouraging....on and on. The Lord knows how to restore us in all these things. Healing comes, if we only allow it.

Diane Ronzino said...

I love you, Kim. Thanks for stopping by!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Mary, Thank you for those specific prayers. God answered you! I do appreciate you!!!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow, Nancy. How parallel. I'm sorry you had to be with that kind of man also. UGH. But...

You give me hope in the male species! Tell Randy thank you from me. Thank you for being a loving, empathetic man!

God bless you, Nancy.

Hazel Moon said...

So many men did not receive love or affirmation from their human father, - - and passed their loveless traits on to their wives and children. I am so glad we have a Heavenly Father who showers us with love unconditionally. I often wonder if their mothers could have helped when they were a child.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, I have the kind of deep intimacy with My Father, due to my husband and father being the kind of men they are. So, as much as I'm "glitching" right now...I'm blessed beyond measure! And forever grateful!