Tuesday, June 30, 2015

More So Than Five Minutes Ago

Let not mercy and truth forsake you;Bind them around your neck,Write them on the tablet of your heart,  and so find favor and high esteemIn the sight of God and man.  
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding;
 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~ Prov. 3:3-6

From Heartlight.org

For 32 years I've done my best to live by these four little verses of Scripture. For the past year and a half, I've had to make more monumental, future-altering decisions than I have had to do in my whole life.

Verses four and five is how I've made each and every one of these decisions.

I've been misunderstood and I dare say, judged, by others including Christ-followers. But, that is neither here nor there.  What is important is the internal struggle that goes on in making God-directed decisions. It is by no means a walk in the park.

It is downright difficult.  Your mind second-guesses everything.  The mental battle in believing God is directing my paths is...just that: a battle.

But, I stand firm in my decisions.  They may prove out to be wrong and that it was clearly MY own rational from which I came to my conclusion.

But, even if that is true, God knows my heart.  He knows I only want to do His Perfect Will in each decision. And I believe He will make correction to any of my mistakes if they prove to be just that: a mistake.

And in my decisions of late I've proven to be merciful/kind, truth-filled/faithful. And I will have favor because God honors His Truths. 

So, why am I writing this post?

....

hhmmm....

....I'm "preaching" to myself.  I'm declaring God's Word is alive and active in my life and for each Truth of His Word that I've obeyed, I know It will bear fruit in my life. I'm declaring my trust in God and His Faithfulness. And in so declaring, it causes me stand strong. 

Stronger than five minutes ago, anyway.

Because of Him and Unto Him,





  

4 comments:

Betty Draper said...

Stand my sister, stand in His wisdom and insight He has given you. Do not march to anyone else beat, only to His. Even as the battle rages He will lift you up above it so you can see He has your back as you battle. Praying for you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, my dear Betty! I appreciate you!

Floyd said...

So much wisdom in these words. We do our best, but I like you, know that if the path needs to be bent in a different direction, our Father will see to it and us. I'm stronger now too. Thanks.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for reading, Floyd! You are such an encourager and I appreciate you!