Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Mount of Transfiguration

Well, here I am again and can do nothing but boast on my Father and the power of His Holy Word.

Remember this guitar?  I presented it to my husband at his 60th birthday party at his favorite vineyard two years ago.  To read the story about the guitar, click on the link to the original post, Celebrating a 60 Year Old Vintage 


Well....

Since I purchased and presented this guitar to him under false pretenses - as I had no idea he was living a whole other secret life with another young woman and her children - I was standing my ground in not giving him the guitar.  I was ready, if necessary, to go to jail in defiance of a court order to do so.  My heart and soul went into that party and the presentation of the guitar. (To read the presentation, scroll down on the above post.)

Very long story short: We are nowhere near the settling of this divorce, however, I was mandated to surrender the guitar to my attorney.  Nope, not gonna do it!  Jail here I come.

Two days later, which was yesterday, a friend and I went to dinner.  We had been discussing the guitar situation for the last two days. It's unfair, how dare he, how dare the judge to order such a thing when we are nowhere near settling this mess, etc. etc. Justified anger.

We sit down at the table and as we are chit-chatting, in my heart I heard God's Word:
If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; for so you will heap coals of fire on his head...  
In a nano-second, I told Flora what The Holy Spirit said to me and then declared, "I'm giving Joe the guitar".  I had a huge smile on my face. Flora's eyes got wide and then teary.  She exclaimed, "Diane, the Glory of God is all over you!  Your face is shining as if you were on the Mount with Moses. I'm experiencing a miracle - right here, right now."

That is the power of God's Word to transform a mind and a heart in a nano-second of hearing it.  In that instant, I bowed my heart and soul to The Word.  I was free.  All anger gone.  I found myself saying to Flora , "I wish I could drive to his house right now and give it to him".   But, due to the order of protection that is not possible.

The LORD didn't tell me to give up the guitar, He didn't even ask me to. He understands the unfairness of it all.  He understands the justified anger.  But, He also knows how much I respect and honor The Word of God, and that It has preeminence in my life.

I have such a joy in my heart.  I awoke this morning and my face was hurting.  I touched my mouth and realized I had a huge grin on my face. I must have slept like that.

In writing out this post, I looked up the exact verse.  It's Proverbs 25:21-22.  And the rest of the verse says:
And The LORD will reward you.
I didn't have a change of heart because of the "reward" that awaits me. I did it because of Love. Love for God, His Word, and His Agape that flows in my heart for the husband of my youth.

All Glory and Honor to Him, and Him Alone,







11 comments:

jojo said...

Hi Diane,
While reading your post this morning, I felt sadness, anger and joy for you.
Thank you for being so real and for sharing your journey of healing. I pray those who read your words will be filled with the truth of the Gospel.

Blessing to you,
Joanne Mazza

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

Wow, this story is amazing! I'm so thankfull, Diane!

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow, Joanne....so wonderful that you came to read. That blesses my heart. I hope you and your family are well. I miss your laughter! God bless you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Veronica, I feel like it's been a lifetime since we've connected. So much has changed in my life. I hope it hasn't in yours. I love you. Thanks for reading.

Floyd said...

I remember that wonderful gift you got your husband. I understand your feelings completely and am inspired by your transfiguration. You got it right, you did it right in your marriage before God. I believe He will honor you for it, sister. I'm praying for you.

Betty Draper said...

I'm doing a little happy dance in my heart over this one. What freedom you must feel my friend. Praise God, praise God. Out of the ashes comes beauty. Praying for you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Dear Friends - Floyd and Betty, your words of encouragement and prayers mean more to me than I can express. Thank you so much! God bless you both.

Crown of Beauty said...

I admire you for your obedience to God's word... and i know you are not looking for a reward, or even admiration from any one else. Your obedience is its own reward. And in doing so, a layer of healing has covered your wound. Love, Lidia

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Lidia, it has!

Aaron's Dad said...

Hi Diane. It's Kevin (Maureen's son). I just wanted to encourage you to stay strong. God is always with you and He will bring you through this stronger after it is all done. Just stay strong and the faithful woman who was and is and instrument for God in the lives of many. My Facebook name is Kevin Cody-Prendergast and Twitter is merelydaddy. This name "Aaron's dad" as it posts needs to be updated to include my second son Quinn.

Diane Ronzino said...

Kevin!!!! I can't tell you how blessed I am that you posted...how often I think of you, your siblings, and Mom. I went to your FB page and left a message. It said it went in the "Other" file. So, please check and friend me. Your sons are absolutely precious!!! You are are so handsome. It's hard to believe that you are an adult man with your own children now....Gosh, time speeds by. Thanks for coming by and responding. Please, Kevin, keep in touch. With much love, Diane