Monday, February 23, 2015

I Pledge Allegiance...

I pledge allegiance to...

If I were to ask you who you are loyal to, what would your answer be?

Your spouse?  Your family?  Your church, ministry, or cause?  Your friends?  Loyal to your local community stores/businesses?

Hopefully, you are to all of those.  But, I ask you to think about this as well: Are you loyal to God?

At the first sign of trouble, do you question Him?  

When your prayers don't get answered as you like, do you get mad at Him; doubt Him and the trustworthiness of Who He is?  Do you put the brakes on faith?

I've had a couple of people ask me during this latest trial in my life, "How do you still believe?"

Huh?! 

Obviously, they do not know God - really, intimately, know Him and His Character. Obviously, they don't believe His Words.

Scripture says, "It rains on the just and unjust". You take the good with the bad in life, but that doesn't mean that God fluctuates between good and bad.  

He is constant. Never changing. He causes good to come from everything evil in our lives.  He gives us rainbows after the rain.

Are we loyal to that Truth?

We live in a society that isn't so loyal to much of anything or anyone anymore.

We switch phone companies, Internet providers, homes, churches, and jobs frequently.

We switch spouses and children at the blink of an eye.

We switch friends because we get hurt or feel unnoticed or unappreciated. So, we "move on". 

There seems to be less and less loyalty in our American society.  And I've come to realize that if you don't value loyalty, you can never fully comprehend the devastation of betrayal.

Jesus Christ was the most loyal human being who ever lived.  He was loyal to His Father, to The Twelve, to His mother, to those who abandoned Him, to those who betrayed Him, to those who tortured Him.

And He is most loyal to you and I.
If you don't value loyalty, you can never fully comprehend the devastation of betrayal.
Jesus Christ is the One Constant in our lives, who will NEVER betray us. He will always have our backs. He is loyal to us even when we are not loyal to Him. He remains loyal when we choose to turn our backs on Him and walk away.

His loyalty should never be in question.   

N E V E R.

When you are loyal but are betrayed in return, Jesus Christ understands.  

He U N D E R S T A N D S.

When you are loyal but are betrayed in return,  Jesus Christ understands.  

Look what Judas' betrayal of Jesus cost The Eleven. It must have left them in a state of shock and caused such fear that they, too, denied and abandoned Jesus.  

When you have been loyal but betrayed in return, it is devastating.  But, Jesus Christ understands.  All we should do is take that pain, confusion, anger, and sorrow to The Lord for He understands the devastation. 

He will lovingly and loyally embrace us as He weeps in compassion for us.  With us. 

His comprehension of the resulting devastation to our souls and lives is one of His greatest gifts to us.

If we are only loyal enough to see that.
His comprehension of the resulting devastation to our souls and lives is one of His greatest gifts to us.  If we are only loyal enough to see that.

Because of Him and Unto Him,






 






12 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

Hi Di. Wow what a meaty word! Loyalty.. I have felt the sting of betrayal many times in my life, but this year it's as if I couldn't shake it, cldnt let go, forgive or work it from my head to my heart anyway! What helps me through this process sometimes is to remember the times where I was disloyal and forgiven. But that still does not help the sting! The theme for my 2015 is Let it Go, Hope, Freedom, and amazing. With the Word and these others words as kindle, I am seeing the fire of love, forgiveness and mercy in my life. I pray the same for you, my dear friend! Xo

Martha Herden said...

As my life moves on each day, I am continually amazed at the full and complete LOYAL love of our LORD!!! I find the gift in my early morning rising-as Physical Pain is racking my body and all I can do is lean on my kitchen counter and utter Three words---GOD, Help Me!! Without question as I move through the next Second, Minute and Hour---I feel HIS Loyal LOVE all around me........

We are indeed tested in our lives--some will suffer heartbreak that will leave a massive Scar across the Heart- but what a GLORIOUS thing to know all we need do is let go and LET GOD!!! This was a very moving Post Diane!!! You are in my prayers always..

Betty Draper said...

I ditto what Melanie said, lots of meat in this post. ONe does not get to the meat without it costing us. As long as we stay in the mindset God owes us something we only feast on milk. Thanks Diane for allowing God to make this latest trial count for His glory. He has kept you and will continue to do so.

Kim said...

Ouch! Thank you Lord for this word. As always, well written. <3

floyd sam said...

"If you don't value loyalty, you can never fully comprehend the devastation of betrayal."

So much wisdom and maturity in this post, Diane. This world and everyone in it will disappoint us… but Amen… our Father never will. He causes or allows all things for His glory and when we press into Him He lifts us up.

You're up there, sister! Thanks for the awesome post. Glad to have you back, my friend.

Joy said...

Thank you Diane. Your post talked really to my heart. Needed these words too because of people I trust to support me because I share God's goodness in my life did not like that I witness with my life. Anyway, good to know that God is loyal and He is all we need.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much for sharing so truthfully, Melanie. You have such a wonderful heart. Thank you for the prayers. I love you.

Diane Ronzino said...

"The loyal love of our LORD"...

oh, how true. He has proven to you, and us who know you, the power of His loyal Love and Grace to get you through each minute. And you continue to bless and encourage all who know you.

I love you, Martha.

Diane Ronzino said...

"As long as we stay in the mindset God owes us something we only feast on milk." Those are Wisdom-Words, dear Betty. I love that saying and will hold onto that. I think there is a post in there somewhere.

I love you. Thank you for sharing your Wisdom. How blessed I am to know you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Kim for the encouraging word. I love your honesty! "Ouch". Yep. Our life lessons surely can OUCH! I love you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, thank you. It's good to be back. And back reading other's blogs again. How I've missed reading you and your Words of Wisdom. You are an awesome writer, "story" teller. And I cannot wait to read your book! Love to you, my friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Joy, I'm so glad the post ministered Life to you. Isn't it amazing how we all "preach" to each other through our words? God is so awesome to have allowed blogging to be in our world. We all have testimonies. We all have stories. And I love gleaning from each of you. Love to you, Joy!