Monday, December 22, 2014

Swan Song of The King

I learned a new term this morning thanks to Reader's Digest's column Word Power.

"Swan song".

"Swan song" means: any final performance or appearance. 

For example: "Derek Jeter made his swan song for the New York Yankees in his 20th season this past year."

From the moment of Jesus' conception in Mary's womb, His life was preparation for His swan song.

As is ours.

We go through daily life with no swan song in mind.  But, maybe we should. 

Jesus did.  His one aim in life was His swan song - His death, resurrection, and return to Heaven.  
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  ~ Heb.12:1-2
Thanks to: www.bazz-photography.deviantart.com


My beloved Jane Haile always said that she wanted to be so close to Heaven in prayer that she would just keep going. And that was her exact swan song. We were praying with her and just annointed her for an upcoming mission trip.  And Jane "just kept on going".

Jesus' whole life was preparation for His swan song.

So is ours.  For we, too, are Heavenbound.

                Food for Thought:
What do we want our swan song to be? 





Because of Him and Unto Him,
  



4 comments:

Betty Draper said...

I love Jane comment on walking so close to heaven here she will just keep going till she is there. Beautiful thoughts Diane...just beautiful. Merry Christmas my friend, so glad you are with your daughter.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Betty. I treasure this one-on-one time with Alece.

I wish you could have known Jane, Betty. She was a profoundly wise woman of God who walked and talked with Jesus 24/7, and she danced with Him in the middle of the night when she couldn't sleep. It was an honor to be her intercessor for 2 years and an honor to be in her presence "as she kept on going".

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Martha Herden said...

A beautiful posting about how the SWAN SONG we each have within us! Especially moving story about your dear friend, and the true DEPTH of her faith.....

You my dear friend are definitely moving along--not to deny how HUGE the "potholes of life" have been for you, but instead I PRAISE you for the tremendous courage you have shown to keep going, knowing you are in HIS embrace constantly.....

Your words lift me up--- I know HIS love will carry me through each day, no matter how physically tough it can be...... I am honored to be your friend and I truly wish you a Christmas Day filled with HIS peace.... all my love dear lady.....martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Martha....

How precious are you all in my Circle....

For two days, through the Eve, I had to listen to rantings and threats for me to sign something that I should take my husband's word on to the point it made me physcially ill.

I awoke this morning thinking about it and surprisingly these words flowed from my lips; "It's not my problem." it's his. He made his mess. I'm free now from having to "clean up" his mess.

Thank you, my Circle, for your strengthening-of-heart words. Truly, you have been a life raft to me as I've drifted on the open sea confusion and loss.

I love you all. I hope your celebration, Martha, of our Lord's birth was special.