Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Unbroken

The ball is being readied, as is Times Square - for the thousands and thousands of people who are pilgrimaging into New York City to witness the dropping of the New Year's ball.

2015 is upon us and here I sit, contemplating my future.  But, I absolutely don't have one iota of a clue as to what the future holds for me.

I await on baited breath for some judge, who does not know me from a hole in the wall, to make life-changing decisions about my finances in the now and for the future.  My stomach gets agita just thinking about it. His decision will alter the way I live and probably where I will be able to live.

I feel like I've had enough "altering" for a lifetime. But, no...more is to come. UGH.

Alece and I went to the movies on Christmas day for the long-awaited Unbroken. We stood in line for it, and passed by others in line for the next showing as we came out.  It was worth the wait.

However, it was very difficult on the soul to watch the brutality of life circumstances and the darkness of man's souls without God.  What a human being can endure blows my thought processes out of whack.  And just when Louie thought his life was altered enough, along came another brutal circumstance and physical brutality beyond comprehension. A modern day Joseph for sure.

I came away feeling a bit ashamed for allowing myself to feel as if my life has been "brutal" this past year.  Nope. I can no longer use the word "brutal".

Do I feel prepared for what is around the corner for me?  Nope. 

Louie didn't either, I'm sure.  But, God poured out His Grace to Louie to allow him to endure his brutal trial until the end was to come. Completely broken, yet unbroken...

I've been completely broken (so I think), and I'd like to think, "...yet unbroken".  But, more "circumstances" will be coming my way, of that I'm sure. My trial is not yet over. So, I guess the "unbroken" part is still yet to be determined.



All I can do is pray for my God's Grace to be sufficient for me as the brokenness of my soul arises in unbroken determination (as Louie Zamperini did) to forge out a new life for my single self.  Oh, God, my Father, grant me Your Sufficiency.  


Thank you, LORD, for Louie Zamperini. Thank You for Your Grace in his life and raising him up as an inspiration for so many. I will remember his last ounce of strength and determination and I know it will help carry me through.

(And thanks to Angela Jolie for directing such an outstanding portrayal of Louie's life.)

If I had my way, I'd see that your new year was filled with health, prosperity of soul, trouble-free circumstances, and all your needs being met.  But, that may not be the case, so what I do wish you all for 2015, is no matter what comes down the pike in your life, God's Grace will be sufficient to see you through, and that your heart would not turn bitter. Happy New Year!  And go see the movie or read the book.

Because of Him and Unto Him,


4 comments:

Betty Draper said...

It is out of the brokenness that the sweetest love escapes. You bless me with every word you write my friend for I know each word has been watered with tears. Thankful for the God you worship and who continues to uphold you with His strength.

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

I'm here reading, Diane! I'm so glad you had Alece with you! Love to you!

Diane Ronzino said...

My Betty and Veronica!!!! How I appreciate you. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. 2015. Do you believe it? I'm grateful for this season of growth in my life. God has been very good to me.

I love you and wish you and your families all the best for this new year. Hugs to you both!

Crown of Beauty said...

Beautiful post, Diane. Thank you for taking time to share your life lessons. I'm listening. Sometimes I am tempted to say, "Be strong." But no... Rather, in our weakness, let's hold on to God's strength. He will never fail us. I will watch this movie when it comes to town. Love you, Lidia