Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Double for My Trouble

I have a friend who always says, "Double for your trouble!"  God bless her soul.


In the past few days I've cooked eggs for breakfast and made chicken cutlets for dinner.  

Three days in a row, there were twin yokes in one shell. I cracked these two eggs to make the chicken cutlets and found two sets of twins. One yoke broke as it slithered out of the shell into the bowl. 

After making eggs again this morning with another set of twins, I laughed and texted to my children, "It must be a sign". 

Is it?...Is it Your sign, LORD?

Immediately after asking Him that question, this Scripture came to mind:

"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore, in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs. For I, the LORD, love justice"...~ Isaiah 6:7-8a

Instead of the shame yoked around my neck, double honor - just because The LORD loves justice.  

Justice? Oh, thank You, LORD!!!

Honor...

...Double Honor.  Honor and more honor?!?

And no more shame?

LORD, I know not how this will be, but I believe Your Word.  I believe, Holy Spirit, that You spoke that to my heart to encourage me.  All the confusion of heart and mind will be replaced by You, because You are my Portion. And since You are my Portion, how can shame stay attached to my soul?  It cannot. 

Truly, I look forward to the day when I don't feel ashamed anymore because it causes my head to hang, for my shoulders to slump, and for confidence to be...um...foreign. 

...

Double yokes....hmmm...

I see another sign in these twin double yokes in which one broke.  The LORD tells me,
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has Light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a Believer with an unbeliever?  And what agreement has the Temple of God with idols? For you are the Temple of the Living God. As God has said “I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God and they shall be My people.”  ~ II Corth. 6:13-16
The yoke to my husband must be broken for Light and dark cannot commune together anymore.

Lately, in my insecurity, I've been asking The LORD, "Am I doing the right thing?" 

Yes, I believe these twin eggs are a sign.  The twin eggs tell me that my shame will be replaced with honor, and the broken twin tells me that I am doing the right thing. 

I bow before You, my LORD...humbled...grateful...Thank You!  Just as You gave Noah, and subsequently mankind, Your sign with a rainbow, so You have given unto me Your sign, with three sets of double-yoked eggs three days in a row.  Thank You, Holy Spirit.  I appreciate You so and Your Justice!

Has God ever given you an unusual sign of His Promise to you or a direction in which you should go?  Please share with us that He may be glorified.  

Because of Him and Unto Him,

8 comments:

Martha Herden said...

Diane--
Amazing words~~a message coming your way via the labor of the CHICKEN and the Promise of the LORD!!

You wrote such powerful words--especially when you speak of "Light & Dark" cannot commune together anymore. The LORD is working within you Diane--in the midst of a Sorrow that would have anybody bending over in Heartbreak..

There is a surge of STRENGTH coming out of you--it is supported by the LORD--because HE knows how much you love HIM.... So very proud of you...

Melanie Ghauri said...

Hi Di, I love these signs & wonders from the Lord that ONLY He can give. That is why they are so special, because they come form our Heavenly Father. And He does everything so awesomely! He has given me many cools signs in order to get a msg to me. Most recently, I was down about my brother's situation, including his 6yr old son. I came home from watching my nephew, very burdened and starting watching Kim Clement's service online. In the time of worship LIVE, he started singing my nephews name. It was AWESOME!!! I was reminded how God cares for Him more than me, to TRUST God, but also to continue to pray for Him. My burden was lifted HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Your words mean a lot, thank you, Martha!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Hallelujah! That is awesome, Mel. Yes, these little signs that our Father gives us are so personal and so loving, aren't they. So glad to hear He lifted your burden. Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

God is so good..reminding us his constant love. He talks to us in evey possible ways:)

eileenfrankRD said...

Love it--grace in all. So sweet is our Lord! God bless.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, He does, Joy!

Diane Ronzino said...

Eileen, thank you so much for stopping by to read. I'm heading at the door in a few minutes, but look forward to reading your blog later today. God bless you!