Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Exit Pigpen, Enter Plan B

My BC (before Christ) nature was that of a wallow-er.  I could wallow in self-pity for weeks/months on end.  My husband would say to me, "Will you get over it already!" And my reply was always the same, "Leave me alone. I just want to wallow in it."


And wallow I did.  Oh woe-ezz me!

How easy, after 31 years of having the mind of Christ, did I slip back into my old nature. Wow...please forgive me, LORD.

I have been wallowing lately.  Oddly, there seems to be comfort in that. I guess because it it's so familiar to this old soul of mine. And everything in me wants the familiar right now.

OK, Diane, it's time to get out of the pig sty!  Enough of the old-familiar slop!  Jump back into the Arms of Truth!  Back into positional Truth!  (Thank you, wise-hearted Betty!!!)


"...according to The Power that works within us."  That Power is The Holy Spirit - the same Spirit Who raised Jesus Christ from the grave.  Resurrection Power resides in me, and He will do far more abundantly, above anything I can ask or even imagine.  

Oh, thank You, LORD!  Help me to stop the familiar wallowing and see that a new day has dawned. You give me a future and a hope. Your Resurrection Power will cause me to come alive once again.  You will cause this to work for good in my life so that You will be glorified. 

You were not surprised by this. Before I even knew I had a need for a Plan B for my life, You had a new plan already blue-printed out.  All this destruction will be changed into great purpose, according to Your plan. This is not in vain!  Hear that soul? This will not be in vain!  It will not be, in Jesus' Name!

Just like a pig who wallows in her muddy sty eventually becomes food to nourish our bodies, God will cause my muck-and-mire life to be the same - "food" to nourish someone else's soul.  After all, isn't that what testimonies do?

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your loving kick-in-the-butt. Thank You for a friend to encourage me back into positional Truth!  I sure did need it!  I love You, my Lord!  And you, too, Betty!

Because of Him and Unto Him,












8 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

Amen. Thank you, Lord. THIS is the good news of the Gospel!!! Also Di, every year Bread of Life has a women's Encounter. This year the theme is... "When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade", June 5, 6, 7. I would love for you to come. God promised to impart JOY unto us!!! :) Love you, Mel

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for the invite, Mel. I'll pass on this, but thank you for thinking of me. I appreciate it.

Betty Draper said...

One never knows when we open our mouth what God will chose to use and with whom. I am blessed He used me to be a part of your life my dear wise hearted friend. Those truth have kept me from going to the pig pen many times and when I did they have brought up out of my pit. Go forth like the daughter of the King daughter should go, walking in dependence of Him who will guide your steps. My flesh would want slap that husband of yours but instead I will pray for him for he wallowing in a dirtier pig pen of sin. God will deal with him and it won't be pretty. I have your back in prayer too. Betty

Saleslady371 said...

I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten about you and am still praying!

Love,
Mary

Caroline said...

Hi Diane,
I believe Jesus wants in certain circumstances.. for us to wallow so we can get to what our pain is. If we do not speak the truth..how can our heavenly Father ,the fruit of the spirit of faithfulness in other words proceed onto the journey of healing.
As you know I am a relatively new reborn child of the "Prince of Peace" and I am recently understanding how HIS word directs us toward dependency on him as opposed to self sufficiency. In some places scripture speaks of how he wants us to rely on Him newly everyday.I think it is Thessalonians 5:17 that says "Pray without ceasing". It can sometimes be so easy to pray for everyone else but Jesus also says he wants to transform us and he wants us in a sense to continue to pray also for ourselves ..is not complaining to the Lord praying.
Diane you are certainly not in denial..like the man in Matthew who could not see and by crying out to the Lord his sight was miraculously restored.Although unfortunately there will still be pain for a while;it's clear by this writing the Holy Spirit's faithfulness toward restoration is lighting your path.I think it is great that you are beating to a different drummer than many other wives in the midst of letting go of a marriage do.I also like what Betty said about Joe one day meeting Gods wrath at least.
Rich in HIM, Caroline

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty...

I haven't been able to reply, as everytime I read your comment, I cry and click out. You didn't upset me, you encouraged me. I cannot thank you enough for your love and support of me during this season of my life. Hugs to you, precious friend!

I'm making a new "bucket list" and right up on top is visiting each of you in the "circle"...I love you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Mary...Your words, "I haven't forgotten you" are so precious to me...on bad days. I truly feel forgotten. Those 4 words are water to my soul. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Diane Ronzino said...

Caroline, your words, "the Holy Spirit's faithfulness toward restoration is lighting your path", has made me cry every time I've read it. RESTORATION is such a beautiful word.

I've watched as God has restored my duaghter's life in such special, precious, and complete ways...it's my hope...

Thank you for your sincere words of Life. God used you my sister. Hugs to you!