Thursday, April 24, 2014

the sad tale of the backslidden

 (Words rearranged from Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah")

there was a time when You let me know
   what's really going on below
      but now You never show that to me, do You?

but remember when I moved in You?
   and the Holy Dove was moving, too?
      and every breath we drew was Hallelujah?

well, she broke my throne and she cut my hair
   and from my lips she drew the Hallelujah
      i’m somebody who's seen the Light
         but now it's just a cold and broken Hallelujah

                                and

Love is not a victory march
   it's just a cold and it's a broken

               Hal...
                       le...
                             lu...
                                   jah... 

              a cold and broken Hallelujah


~~~
Oh, LORD, my God, forgive him and be merciful.

                      
Because of Him and Unto Him,




10 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

:-( I love you, Mom!

Melanie G said...

Hi Di, wow this is short, but power packed. A new way of expressing yourself and I like it. I live you!!! Here for you, always, Melanie :)

Martha Herden said...

Diane~Powerful, heart-aching words coming out of your broken heart! One can't read your words and say "Oh I do understand"~~only One who has walked the Journey you are on can truly understand.

Pain will pour out of you for a long time~~my HOPE is in the LORD--for I know HE is catching every moment of hurt that erupts! HE knows you Diane~~you are HIS daughter and HE stands beside you, holding you up at those seconds when it seems impossible to stand.

I love you my dear Friend...

martha

Floyd said...

Praying for you, sister.

wordglow said...

Diane, what struck me in your last post (but I wanted to wait to say) was how in one vitally important way you are still a wife (and maybe it is the one that really matters most). And that is as a prayer warrior helpmeet for your husband. This prayer you express today is so moving in that way! Praying for you...

Diane Ronzino said...

Andrew, thank you for reading and commenting. I love you very much, my son.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Melanie. Do you know this song? It is the cry of one who is backslidden. Powerful.

Diane Ronzino said...

My dear Martha, I can always count on you to be my cheerleader. I feel your prayers, your love, and your heartache for us. Thank you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, I do so appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, Pam. The prayer of the righteous avails much. I count on those prayers.