Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Wanted: Job Title

My Father is an awesome God.  I wrote this post very early a week ago Sunday morning, but didn't post it.  I wanted to go over it one last time after I got back from church. Please read the post first, then I'll tell you how awesome The LORD is to me. This is what I wrote:

Is there a lost and found for job titles?  I’ve lost mine.

No longer a wife. No longer a mother.  What’s a woman to do?

From my earliest remembrances all I ever wanted to be was a wife and mother. No career aspirations. Except that. That was my career, as well as serving The LORD in whatever capacity.  

So, what’s a woman to do when she finds herself no longer an active mother – as all her children are self-supporting adults living everywhere but here?

A mother is prepared for the day when her children will “fly the nest”.  I did not suffer any kind of empty-nest syndrome, except for the months of August/September when I would ache to shop for school supplies.  Nine years later and I still experience those pangs come school time.

This woman continued to fill her life with ministry work and serving/supporting her husband and his business venture, just as she did for the last 40 years.

So, what’s a woman to do when she finds herself no longer a wife?

A wife is not prepared for her husband to "fly the nest".  

So, what’s a woman to do who now has no husband to serve/support?

What’s this woman to do?  My purpose in life abruptly ended…

Yet, my husband is still my husband. He just no longer wants to be served or supported – not from the wife of his youth anyway…

I’m still his wife, but not. I have a husband, but I’m not a wife. 

It’s no longer my job title.

…sigh…

I don’t know how to not be a wife.

…sigh…

So, what is this woman to do?

Is there life after 40 years of being a wife?  Of course there is. Ask any woman who has forged on after her husband has died. But, in the lost and found department of job titles, I’m definitely in the "lost" section.  


For this you can pray, if you are so inclined…

~~~

And now for the postscript:  

I closed my computer and went to church.  I entered into worship and immediately, I heard the Holy Spirit speak one word to me: "Daughter".  I knew in my heart what He was saying.  My job title is now Daughter of the Most High God.  

"Lord, I know I wasn't the best mother, and obviously I wasn't the best wife, but I will do my best to live the rest of my life being the best Daughter I can be", I sobbed back to Him.    

Two days later, I was praying with my prayer partner and I shared about the post and then going to church and what The Holy Spirit said to me.  As I was talking, she gasped.  "Oh my gosh, as you were telling me about the post, I was going to say "Daughter of God".  

We rejoiced in The LORD confirming His Word to me.  We rejoiced in His Lovingkindness, Goodness, and Faithfulness. We were thankful for those who are praying for me during this transition in my life.

For those of you who have been praying for me, I thank you. God is faithful. He meets needs.  He supplies.  He comforts.  He promotes.  He hands us our job titles. 

Because of Him and Unto Him,


11 comments:

Kim said...

Brought to tears!! Beautifully written - and yes - you are His beloved Daughter! ((hugs))

Melanie Ghauri said...

Hi Di, again, I cry with you. I share in your pain and joys as you have with me for years.

I knew from the first time you shared what was going on, that God was transitioning you into deeper waters WITH HIM. I would even venture to say that the spirit was speaking this to me and it gave me comfort for you.

I can relate in the search of the job title sooo much, this is where I share most of my tears with you today! As I have seeking that for
36 yrs. And it seems that the Spirit was saying exactly that.... Rest in being my daughter, my friend, servant.

Now I am a wife of a wonderful man from Pakistan, who yes is a Christian, believe it or not :). And has been another hard 2 yrs of my life. I have been struggling with this job title and where I fit in. I'll end there, because as I think of what to say next, even now my heart is racing and my thoughts run wild.

I love you and will always pray for you. Please, pray for me also concerning my job title :). I look forward to getting together giving you a long jug, crying, and yes, laughter! Yes, we need laughter in this hour!!! The joy of the Lord IS our strength! He laughs at the devil and we will laugh with Him, as we dream of our future, amen! Xo

Ps... Ro, asked about you yesterday.

Love, Mel

Floyd said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, Diane. My heart grieves for you and your soft heart. Even in your tribulation you pass on wisdom for me... in the end that is the entirety of our titles... Children of God.

May He lift you up beyond your expectations as He holds you close to His heart. I'm praying for you, dear sister.

Betty Draper said...

My sweet sister, from the pit of your comes this precious truth to give you strength to carry on. It's a different role, one that has always been there but for so long another role had to take the fore front of your life. This is powerful post my friend. Praying for you daughter of a King.

Joy said...

Sorry to hear the sadness of your heart sister. But stilk, good to know that as daughter of the King, you still have a lot to do and to be inspired. And besides, you are always the mother of your children no matter what. Connection will always be there.

Diane Ronzino said...

Kim, thanks for the hug and tears. "Weep with those who weep, rejoice with those who rejoice." Thank you, Precious Kim, for the tears. That means more than I can say.

Diane Ronzino said...

Mel, thank you for your tears as well. I'm sorry that you can relate....

Thank you for reaching your heart out to me. I will pray for you, too.

Womanhood is a sisterhood, as is Christianity. Hugs to you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Floyd. I appreciate you, my Brother. Christianity is a brother/sisterhood - a community of camaraderie. Thanks for being that to me.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Betty. I appreciate your prayers so much and your wise, kind heart that reaches out from your words.

Diane Ronzino said...

Joy, thank you for coming by to read. I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet while you were in the USA. One day, maybe...

Thank you for your words of encouragement!

TC Avey said...

As I said on Betty's blog, this touched me. Thank you for sharing. God is an awesome God. He still speaks into our pain.

Reading your words brought tears of grief and hope to my eyes.