Friday, March 7, 2014

Thirty-one Years Old

I’m “celebrating” me today or I should say, I’m working at celebrating me today.  So, writing this post is part of that "working at".


Today is my spiritual birthday. Thirty-one years ago, around 8:30 PM The Lord Jesus Christ gloriously saved my soul and began the process of healing me, delivering me, transforming me, and maturing me into the woman I am today. 

Made for me by moderninspireddesign
Please stop by her Etsy shop 

I’ve worked long and hard to become who I am today.  For years I’ve willingly allowed The LORD access to the deepest, darkest, most frightening corners of my soul, so that He could heal me from traumatic childhood experiences. For years, I have allowed The LORD to change me in order to stand faithful and true to my marriage covenant.  

Because vital change has been so glorious-resulting in my life, I continue to lay myself bare before The Lover of My Soul. 

Whatever needs to be healed or changed, you still have my permission, LORD.  I trust You.

And so, thirty-one years later here I am – in need of emotional healing AGAIN. Still needing to be transformed more and more into the image of Christ; still willing to be changed, to be matured; still accepting Love by the One Who Matters Most to me.  

Jesus’ Extravagant Love permeates my being. He is The Lifter of my head.  He lifts me up to be able to look Him in the Face… 

…where there is no condemnation, just pure acceptance.

Therefore, no shame, no guilt.  (At least in my heart. My head tells me something different, but I’m working on that.)

And that is the Diane I’m choosing to celebrate today. A victor, not a victim. 

Thank You, my LORD God, for rescuing me thirty-one years ago. Thank You that the memory of that moment is still as vibrant was it was then.  Thank You that You have given me thirty-one wonderful years with You. Thirty-one years of walking with You, talking with You, worshiping You. You have given me thirty-one years of faithful companionship.  Thirty-one years of growing and changing because of, and into, Your Extravagant Love.  Thirty-one years of serving You and Your people.  Thirty-one years of studying Your most Holy Word, which powerfully transformed my heart and mind. Thirty-one years of testimony after testimony of Your great, miraculous power in my life.  

So, I will hold my head up today. Up to Your Face, my LORD, where I see nothing but Love and acceptance of me – the me You created.  Thank You, my Abba. I love you.  

Because of You and Unto You,



8 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

The Lord is always working on us. I love you, Mom! Happy Birthday. :-)

Melanie Ghauri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DI. I CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE WITH CHRIST TODAY! YOU HAVE BEEN A GIFT TO ME. I LOVE YOU N ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY. THE BEST IS YET TO COME, MY FRIEND!

PS... MINE IS RIGHT BEHIND YOURS. I CELEBRATE IT ON MY NATURAL BIRTHDAY, BECAUSE IT WAS WHEN I TURNED 21... 16 YRS AGO YIKES OR YAHOO HAHA, I MET MY JESUS. HE TURNED MY NATURAL INTO MY SUPERNATURAL WORLD XO

Betty Draper said...

Wish I was there to sing, Happy Spiritual Birthday. Good to think on those things that are lovely and of good report. Good to be thankful for the good when sometimes all your head says is bad...celebrate my wise friend, celebrate.

wordglow said...

Such beautiful heart in this, Diane and I know He is holding you in beauty and heart and love! Yes, you are a victor in Him, not a victim! Your words are part and parcel to those prayers I just emailed you again (I typed them out since the scan didn't work...). Showers of blessings fall on you! ~ Pam

Floyd said...

Happy Born Again Birthday, sister.

Kim said...

<3 Happy Birthday!! Hope we can spend some time together real soon!! Love you!!

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

You're such an inspiration, Diane! I'm so honored to know a strong, beautiful woman like you! I think about you a lot and meeting you is and always will be one of the highlights of my life! We're all so proud of you!

Diane Ronzino said...

I must apologize, I could have sworn I replied to all of you. But, my replies are here...I'm so sorry... I don't know what happened....

Thank you, Andrew! I love you, too. Thank You, my son, for remembering my special day.

Melanie, Happy Birthday to you as well. Thanks for coming by and sharing.

Thank you, Betty, for your words of encouragement. Always. I appreciate you!

Pam, thank you, for your prayers; for typing them out for me; for your beatuiful words. I received the showers of blessings...

Thank you so much, Floyd!

Thank you, Kim. That would be nice. If you and Phil come to the Island, let me know. I'd love to see you! And I love you, too!

Veronica, I say the same thing: meeting you and your Shticks is a highlight of my life. Thank you for your encouraging words to me.

I'm so blown away by all your comments....truly....I'm hugging all of you, and your words to me, close to my heart. They have been so uplifting...With all my heart, Thank you!