Monday, February 24, 2014

The Tsunami Created My 2014 OneWord

Thanksgiving 2013.

Suddenly.

Unsuspecting. 

Totally unprepared. 

A phone call came out of nowhere which released a tsunami wave that hit me full force and swept me away in it's torrents. 

Treading water with no land in sight.

Exhausted.

Shaken.

All that I am, all that I was, drowned.

Gone.

A shell of my former self remains treading these torrential waters. 

No “soon-to-be-rescued” is in sight.

Life-altering changes. 

Fear of the unknown is a constant torment.

So, what could possibly be my OneWord for 2014?  I didn’t have to give it much thought. My word seemed to settle in my being quite naturally.  I guess The Holy Spirit knew before I did and planted His Word for me in my heart. 

Naturally.

Effortlessly.

“Celebrated” repeatedly echoed around me.  

Seems He wants me to receive, in the natural, the celebration that is continually going on over my life in the spirit realm. 

The Lord your God in your midst - The Mighty One, will save;

He will rejoice over you with gladness,

He will quiet you with His love,

He will rejoice over you with singing.
    ~ Zeph. 3:17

Years ago, I heard this quote: "Don't stay where you are tolerated.  Go where you are celebrated."  So, as this violent tsunami wave begins to rescind, I’m going to focus on a journey of discovery.

A journey of self-celebration.

To be “celebrated” in the here and now. 

To be "celebrated" even in the midst of this raging onslaught of waves of destruction.

Celebrated!

No images come to mind.  I have no idea of what being “celebrated” in the natural looks like.  I do know that the wave that hit left me covered in filth and debris. 

Exposed.

Naked.

Oh, so vulnerable.

Celebrated?  

The word itself scares me. 

So, I don’t have a clue how my OneWord - “celebrated" - will play out in my life.  But, I have a feeling that somehow - in the way only God can do - “celebrated” will be my life raft.

I extend my hand to you and invite you along on this journey of self-celebration through this year as I start writing once again.

Right now, I can't even begin to imagine what Diane being "celebrated" will look one year from now, when I've moved onto a new OneWord for 2015. I am ever so grateful to my LORD that my OneWord from2012 – “Extravagant Love” – and my OneWord from 2013 - "Friend (to Jesus)" - truly and powerfully remains intact. 


Regardless of the tsunami. 

And if other waves keeping hitting me, hopefully, "Celebrated" will remain intact as well.

What is your 2014 OneWord?  Please share with me.

Because of Him and Unto Him,

15 comments:

Melanie Ghauri said...

Hi Di,

Once again the twain shall meet. We have met in the spirit again. This blog was almost as if I wrote it. Literally, word for word. I have been saying that line in my mind and sometimes out loud "going where I'm celebrated, not tolerated", amen. It is freeing. Our Father has given me some revelation on it, like "don't cast your pearls amongst swine" kind of thing, but not in full.

My 2014 OneWord is "joy" and choosing joy has been almost life or death for me, since the Lord gave me my word. It came at crossroads moment in my life. I asked the Lord, "ok, so what do I do"? And He replied "choose joy" with a few visuals of His road to Calvary with it. The Lord is celebrating us and His joy is our strength!

Song of Solomon 2:4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

Martha Herden said...

Hi Diane!!!
Without question--your "One Word" is amazing--
I am CELEBRATING here as I saw your words coming from your heart!!

Diane--I am so truly PROUD of you!!!
Please know you are in my prayers and I will continue to CELEBRATE your finding WORDS again that lift us all up!!

love you, Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Melanie, with everything in me I'm sorry to hear that you can "ditto" what I wrote. That is awesome what The LORD spoke to you. You are so right, His Joy is our strength. Some moments I have to pray long and hard to tap into that Joy, but He always manifests it to me. On that I stand.

I will pray for you that you are able to continue to STAND and that His Joy, coming from His Loving Heart truly will strengthen you to go on. Hugs to you.

Thank you for sharing, Mel. And keep the word JOY in front of you - however you have to do it. I just ordered "celebrated" from an Etsy shop. I'm going to hang it in my kitchen for me to see everyday.

As Pastor Stephen would say to us, "Without the test, there will be no testimony".

God bless you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, my faithful cheerleader, I so appeciate you. I wrote this post on January 2nd. It took me this long to click "POST". Truly, I was paralyzed...but, I broke through and here I am.

As always, thank you for your encouraging words and prayers. I count on them, my dear friend. I count on them...

Betty Draper said...

Your back, your back, your back, that is my song this morning as I read you were posting again. How badly the enemy of your soul wanted to keep you from writing those words of celebration...I am sure he thought, oh no, she's back. There is life after a storm for life is in Christ who will keep you from drowning. Can I say it again, your back, your back, your back. Of course this is what we who know you prayed for, a return from the storm, weather beaten for sure, drenched, for sure, tossed about, for sure but not defeated, not left out there to repair on your own. We who love you will stand in prayer for you and all involved in the storm. YOUR BACK.

Floyd said...

You were sorely missed, sister! One thing I'm certain of is that you will find the "celebrated" our Father spoke over you in the words from your heart.

I'm sorry for your tough times, but He is with you in your valley and loves us too much to march us around it. He's preparing a table for you in the presence of your enemies. I'm praying for you, Diane. Welcome back, sister.

Kel Rohlf said...

Welcome back! What an encouraging word God gave you for 2014! To be "celebrated" is such a joy! Here's to you and to God's new day as you recover from your storm.

I look forward to your encouraging words!

Kel Rohlf said...

Oh my word is USE...as in use what I have...God is using this word in many ways with me so far this year

wordglow said...

Diane, I'm teary at your word in light of all your sorrows. So beautiful a picture of our Father holding you on his lap as his precious little girl, loving you in ways beyond our imagination. Singing songs of healing deliverance over you. Bringing you up out of the pit and putting you on a safe, sure ground of expanse overlooking His world of beauty. Calling you Hepzibah and Beulah (love the Bible meanings of those names!) Planting you by the riverside, strengthening you. I lift you up each day and am happy to see you back here, sharing your voice and His. Peace like a river flow over you moment by moment! ~ Pam

wordglow said...

Forgot to mention my "word." I really don't ask God for a word in the sense that most people seem to, but this year I do have a strong sense of God encouraging me to know this is a year of restoration, breakthru (after a very long season of waiting years), doors opening... standing on His promises and seeing Him bring them to pass in ways I've not imagined. Still praying what that all looks like too... :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty...thank you for making me feel missed...thank you for your faithful prayers...thank you for reaching out...

I am blessed by your friendship and "celebration" of me. Thank you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, my brother, thank you for your prayers. You know, I do sense that I'm at His table in the midst of the evil...Thank you, Floyd! I appreciate you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Kel, thank you. Seeing your name put a smile on my face! It's so good to connect once again.

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam...you've brought me to tears...

Thank you for all your prayers for me and words of strength and encouragement.

Oh, and I stand with you for your word for this year. Breakthrough - yes! Restoration - yes! Doors opening - yes!

For you have patiently endured hardships as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (II Tim. 2:3-4) and you are a shining example of this Scripture. I'm blessed to know you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam...you've brought me to tears...

Thank you for all your prayers for me and words of strength and encouragement.

Oh, and I stand with you for your word for this year. Breakthrough - yes! Restoration - yes! Doors opening - yes!

For you have patiently endured hardships as a good soldier of Jesus Christ (II Tim. 2:3-4) and you are a shining example of this Scripture. I'm blessed to know you.