Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Agape Vessel

The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying:
Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting LOVE;    
   Therefore, with LOVING-KINDNESS I have drawn you."
~ Jeremiah 31:3

An everlasting LOVE that will not fade or diminish; that is not based on performance or character; a LOVE that really has nothing to do with me.  

Our God is nothing but LOVE. He LOVES because that is Who He is. He doesn't choose to LOVE.  He IS LOVE.

And we are made in His image.  

We, too, are created with such a capacity for LOVE - true, Godly (agape) LOVE. The Holy Spirit Who resides within IS LOVE. Our heart's should be bursting with the LOVE characteristic of our God. We, too, shouldn't have to choose. It should flow naturally, as the tide kisses the shore.  

Are we drawing others with our LOVING-KINDNESS as God has drawn us?  

Loving-kindness means: Tender regard; mercy; favor. 

Phew, that's a tall order.  But, I am my Father's daughter. Am I not?  

Isn't loving-kindness what creates community? Reaching out to others with mercy, favor, and tender regard. Drawing them in to the Bosom of LOVE.
There is no pit so deep, that God's LOVE is not deeper still.  ~ Corrie ten Boom
How did Corrie learn that? By being thrown into a pit of human degradation, violence, and torture beyond human comprehension.  Coming out of her pit of hell, she allowed God's LOVE to flow through her.  Her message of LOVE is one that should never die because it is God's message of LOVE.

Thank you for allowing me to write out my thought process on this subject this morning. This is God speaking to my heart, as if He were saying:  


Diane, LOVE the unlovable.  Diane, LOVE those who have hurt and abused you.  Diane, LOVE - without judgement - those who are trapped in the ravages of sin. Diane, LOVE those who don't know LOVE. Diane, LOVE those who cannot LOVE you back. Empty your heart of all that blocks the flow of my LOVE. Allow Me to fill you with My agape LOVE to a hurt and dying world.


Extravagant LOVE.


Father, I bow before You.  Please show me the blockages in my heart to the ebbtide of your LOVE, that I may walk my talk, in Jesus' LOVING Name.


(Here is a blog post that can help me (or anyone) identify blockages):

http://www.crossoverchristianchurch.com/7-deadly-sins-or-7-holy-virtues/#comment-2294

Because of Him and Unto Him,

11 comments:

A Joyful Noise said...

This reminds me of the song:

Thy Loving Kindness Is Better Than Life
my Lips Shall Praise Thee
thus Will I Bless Thee
I Will Lift Up My Hands unto Thy Name

Floyd said...

Powerful heart felt words and prayer... Your words to and from God are enough to open the floodgates and remove all blockages. Well done, sister. Love is God... This is His day...

wordglow said...

He heals through the love we extend... both us and those we give that love to. I know He is moving extravagantly in and through you Diane.

Betty said...

I have wept, laughted, remembered, prayed, been convicted, exhorted, amazed, loved on as I read through post written on love this week. Since I needed to experience all these emotions I am grateful to you and others who show the love of God through your words. Happy Valentine Day my friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, yes, Hazel....it's been a long time since I heard that song. I used to love it!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you for your kind words, Floyd.

Diane Ronzino said...

And thank you, Pam, for your kind words. It is a two-way street.

Diane Ronzino said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, also, Betty. Isn't it amazing that LOVE can provoke such emotions in us?! Thanks for sharing!

Kel Rohlf said...

Diane- What a beautiful tribute to the Love of God! And the hope and conviction that His love can be expressed through us. And thank you for the link to the 7 deadly sins and virtues! Good stuff to ponder and practice!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Kel, I'm so glad you stopped by that blog. It is good stuff!

A Joyful Noise said...

Diane, Thanks for sharing your deliverance from guilt and the amazing back to life true story of your son, at Tell me a Story. I couldn't find a comment on the story, so dropped down to add it here.