Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Birth of Friendship

Friendship.

As an child/teen/young adult introvert, I did not make friends easily. There were very few I felt safe with, so I was always on the outside looking in, keeping myself very protected.

As a healed, whole, delivered Child of the Most High God, I carefully make friends via The Spirit of God, as His Word urges us.

And here in blog world, we make the most precious of friendships, don't we? 

Friendships bonded by the outpouring of our hearts through our written words. We don't know each other via our natural lives, but via The Holy Spirit who draws us to each other and allows us to see each other's hearts. And what a precious gift that is. 

I love this thought by C.S. Lewis:
Friendship is born at that moment when one person 
                                               says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the     
                                               only one.”
It is so true, isn't it? 

And that's what happens in our blogging communities. You write something that deeply touches my soul. I identify with it - I identify with you. Those heart-to-heart touches draw us close. Draw us together. Draw us into a friendship.

How blessed we are to be a part of this world-wide friendship community! God not only allows the gift of friendship but to utilize our writing gifts to forge these friendships! Truly, a double blessing to each of us!

From my heart to yours, thank you for being a writer, thank you for being a friend!

Because of Him and Unto Him, 


14 comments:

Floyd said...

Awesome post. That sums up the heart of all of us I think. The bond is from our Father. We are brothers and sisters in Him... Nothing better than family. Thanks, Diane.

TC Avey said...

Great quote by Lewis...so true!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, yes, Floyd! I think it's so awesome that we can feel such a kindred toward people we may never even meet whle on this plane. But, one day...oh, I can only imagine the reunion we will all have!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by TC! Yeah, I think it's a great quote too. I wonder if he discovered that through writing to someone...

wordglow said...

Love this post, Diane! I think I understand how you used to be growing up, how you said you related to the friend I wrote about a year ago at Christmas (Carol of the Belles)... and that makes it even more meaningful. Love that Lewis quote, too! He hit the nail on the head as always! - Pam

A Joyful Noise said...

I'm not sure when I changed from an introvert to an extrovert. Still a little of both deep inside me at times. Jesus brings us out to face and make friends and share with others His Love. Your post is delightful!

Betty said...

Love this post my blogging friend. I was telling Ace today about my blogging friends, how much their post and replies on my post have meant to me. God has used you all to bring growth to this old soul. Thanks my wise hearted friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Pam, we've shared. You know. So, you must also know how much your friendship means to me! At least I hope you do.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, I'm definitely still an introvert at heart. I have to "push" myself to be otherwise.

And Jesus loves me anyway! LOL...

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen to your words, Betty! Not for YOUR old soul, but mine!!!! I was so blessed the day I found you!

Jennifer Dougan said...

Hi Diane,

What a great quote and concept from C.S. Lewis. Thank you.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, isn't it Jennifer? It truly applies to our blogging communities.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Who would have thought that "blogging" across high speed internet lines, sharing thoughts, daring to trust a person whom we have never seen-probably might never meet-- yet the heart within each of us pulls us forward, to share our stories, talk about a bad day, jump with joy as others find their words hitting the pages of a book---

its amazing-and a true blessing that can't be put into simple words. Blogging also brings about
a major PRAYER CIRCLE that God hears!!!

I took a leap of faith at the urging of a very dear friend and I do believe the Lord worked through her to help me find my way to the life of blogging.

Suddenly it wasn't just me and my Chronic Pain--as I blogged, it was stunning to learn that countless other people suffer. We help each other, we cry with each other, we laugh at stories and we also can "sense" when the load one is carrying has become very Heavy--prayer begins and we support each other quietly.

A blessing that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Thank you for sharing this with us Diane. It is amazing~~I like to call it the NEW PONY EXPRESS- mail travels faster than anybody could have dreamed possible!!

love, martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, yes, Martha, the NEW pony express! I love that. I guess I can tell your from Texas!

I feel the same way you do. When I finally kept at this blog (I had started one about 3 times), it was so very theraputic for me. I met you all, and you all changed my life.

I, too, will carry this blessing with me the rest of my life.