Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh, Hallelujah!

Music.

Music has been a part of my life since childhood. My mother always had music playing in our home. I'd come home from school to the melodious voices of her generation.

And I always had music from my generation playing in my room. I have testimonies how various songs in my life were a gift of God for that season, as I would sing and declare truths over my own life.



When I worship, I sing with all my heart; changing words where necessary to personalize the song. I sing to the Throne of my God. And since the music originally came from His own Heart, it cannot be anything but majestic as it flows back to Him.

My Heavenly Father has always used music to stir my soul to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.   



Have you ever heard the song Hallelujah, by Leonard Cohen?  I have nine different renditions by various artists of his song in my music collection. The music stirs my heart like no other. 

Well...

Just the other day I came across this rendition by Cloverton. They have entitled it, A Hallelujah Christmas.  They wrote the whole Gospel into the score of Hallelujah. 

If you have not heard it or seen the video, it is my pleasure to share it with you! And it doesn't have to be Christmastime, to listen to the Truth about our Saviour. 

May it stir your heart to worship!




Because of Him and Unto Him,


8 comments:

Floyd said...

I love that song! I didn't know that was the name of it, but it is wonderful! And that version is awesome!

I too am a music lover. God designed me with a song in my heart. I wake up almost everyday with a song in my head. Some I haven't heard in years.

How cool is it that your hubby plays guitar?

Betty said...

Love the haunting melody to this song. The minor cords keep one waiting for the next cord. I don't think the orginal words are really Christian so to hear God put into the song with the melody stir my heart from deep inside. I can't wait for Jared to hear this verison. Beautiful....exactly what I need to hear this morning. Love you friend.

wordglow said...

I remember a Hebrew-sounding Halleluia song that Edie Gormet used to sing... I think she found it in Israel, but I'm not sure it was originally meant to be a Christian song either. It was beautiful, if that is the same one...

Diane Ronzino said...

That is so awesome that you have a song in your heart every morning, Floyd. What a way to start your day!

Joe does "play", but he doesn't. I only heard him tinkering on his new guitar a few times right after his birthday. It just sits. What a shame...

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, I'm so glad Betty. Yes, this is the only Christian version that I know of. The music to all the Hallelujah versions stirs my soul, but this one - with the Gospel threaded through - takes me to Heaven.

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, I just checked out Edyie Gorme's song. No, it's not the same one. I hope SOON you will be able to listen on your computer!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Oh my how I love this song!! It is moving, touching, and no matter who sings it, the heart is stirred by the simple yet elegant word:

HALLELUJAH!!!!


bless you for sharing this.

hugs... martha

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm glad you loved the song, Martha. It's going to be one of my favorite Christmas songs! So glad to share it with you.