Saturday, January 5, 2013

Identity in the Red Letters

Any of you doing OneWord again this year? 




I am. I must humbly say that God really met me with my OneWord for 2012. The Holy Spirit really worked my EXTRAVAGANT LOVE word into my being and through me. I feel a little closer to Jesus' Heart as a result.

I've had a habit for many years of seeking The LORD for a Scripture at the beginning of a new year. A Scripture that would be my spiritual goal for that year. 2013 ushered in this verse for me:
You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.  ~ John 15: 14-15
Jesus Christ calls me - me! - His friend...I bow my heart to such an awesome Truth. He has shared with me - all things He has heard from His Father - my Father!  May I truly have ears to hear...

...

My OneWord this year is FRIEND (TO JESUS).  I want to know what it truly means to be Jesus' friend. I want to be worthy of such an honorable title. 

If I must do whatever He commands, then I better know what those commands are. I'm committing to reading the red-lettered Words over and over this year, until His commands sink deep into my being and become part of my identity.

Surely those Words reflect His Character - His Love, His Virtues, His Passions, His Heartbeat. And surely, His Character will filter on down into my earthly friendships.  Surely, they will filter on down into my ministries. Surely, I will do great exploits in His Name because I will be doing what He commands.

...Ut oh...

Lord, I'm putting myself out there... 

...I can truly only rely on Your Grace.  Oh, my dear Jesus, pour out Your Spirit upon me that I may walk Your Walk, worthy of such an honorable title as YOUR FRIEND. I truly desire to be Your friend; I truly desire to hear Your Words said to me one day: Well done, my good and faithful FRIEND.  May it be possible.

...

What are your OneWord goals for 2013 or any goal for that matter? Please share with us and then link up to OneWord365.com.  
  
By the way, for those of you who shared your OneWords last year, I prayed for you during the year in regard to those goals.  I do hope that you feel somewhat successful in accomplishing your goal. And I will be praying for you throughout 2013. May you pray for me as well.


Because of Him and Unto Him,


12 comments:

A Joyful Noise said...

Those red letter words bring us to the very thoughts and desires of Jesus. Awesome post and He calls us friends and not servants because he lets us know the way to go, by his Holy Spirit.

Mary Reed said...

Diane, I love that you'll be reading those 'red letter words' of Jesus... they expose us to His very heart. I love your word. I'm blown away that, by His grace, He calls us friend... That's so beautiful. My word this year is 'Fearless'. I can't wait, (although I'm a little afraid) to see where He takes me with this word!
Blessings to you ~ Mary

Thanks for stopping by Mary @ Woman to Woman!

Crystal Mary said...

Yes I find it awesome to be called a friend by Jesus.. I am also thrilled to find the family of Christ on the net, how great is that! I read on someone else's Blog the other day that they also find one word for each new year. So I have chosen peace for mine. There are so many beautiful ones, but this was the first one to come to my mind.My Pastor came to visit me yesterday and pray over me. He has asked me to join a TSM class this year. Its a ministry outreach and teaches the Bible as well as preaching.. So, that may be what God wants from me this year. Hugs and love sent.

Betty said...

Diane I am still praying for my word for this year. Maybe I need to listen better. I love being a friend of Jesus...Blessings my friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, I'm so excited to think how intimately I will know Jesus this year. I've been walking with Him for almost 30 years and I feel like we are "courting"! LOL...

Thanks for coming by! Do you have a OneWord for this year?

Diane Ronzino said...

FEARLESS, MARY!!!! Awesome Word! Wow! I'm going to a woman's meeting next week and the topic is getting rid of fear.

We all need to be FEARLESS Women of God. I will be praying for you throughout the year! He's taking you on a journey to do great exploits in His Name!

I'm excited for you!

Diane Ronzino said...

Crystal Mary, so blessed to have you join us! Isn't it amazing that all over the world we can be one in spirit? Welcome to a little bit of New York, USA!

PEACE...(deep breath)... that's what that OneWord evokes in me...Oh, what a glorious journey you are on, my sister! The ministry opportunity opened before you is an opportunity for you to walk in peace that surpasses all understanding regardless of circumstances. What a witness you shall be, Dear One!

I will be praying for you throughout the year. Thanks for sharing your OneWord with me!



Diane Ronzino said...

Betty, please come back and let us know your Word for this year. I know, no matter what your Word, it will be life-changing for you, Wise-hearted, Courageous, Betty!

Alece Ronzino said...

love this, mom! i already rambled about it in my text to you - but i love all the layers of significance this word will hold for you this year.

love you!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, my daughter. And thank you for OneWord365. It will be a life-changer for those truly commiting to it. I know it was for me this past year.

And this is only the beginning of how The LORD will use you. Only the beginning!

I love you (with an extravagant love!)

Jon Stolpe said...

Epiphany is my word for 2013. I'm excited to see God revealed in new ways in the coming year.

Diane Ronzino said...

Welcome Jon! How very nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm curious as to how you found "an encouraging word".

I must say "ephipany" is an awesome word for the new year. Wow! Yes, I'm sure you will see Him revealed in ways you couldn't imagine. May your eyes be opened to see Him.

I hope you will come back again. God bless you and I will be praying for you throughout this year.