Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Tater Morning

I love lamb.

I love potatoes.

And I love cauliflower. 

Last night my sous chef son, Michael, visited and he cooked us rack of lamb, potatoes, and cauliflower. It was scrumptious!  He certainly didn't get this cooking skills - or his love to cook - from me!

No meat left over. 

Just a little bit of cauliflower left over.

But, because Michael knows how much I love potatoes, he made extra. So, I have a good portion of taters left over.

I'm going to make an egg-and-potato breakfast this morning before we head out on our trek to the airport.  Thank You, Father, for this blessing!

I'll be busy this morning getting ready for our drive, so I will miss the sunrise. But, as those sunrises are to my spirit, these taters will be to my soul this morning. 
This is the day The LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24
I'm rejoicing for this tater morning!

Have a wonderful day!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

11 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

I love lamb, too, as well as potatoes. You made my mouth water... You must be proud of your sous chef son! And the post before this one really lifted my spirits. It is evening here now, and in the city where I live, whether in my home city, or Manila where my daughter lives, the houses block my view of the sunrise. Sunrise is my favorite time of the day. I loved the photo you posted, Diane! And your words... describing the majestic beauty of the dawn sky!

Glad I came by here today. I have not been visiting blogs the past months or so. But you have been on my heart, dear friend.

How are you doing in your new church?

Much love
Lidia

Kim said...

Yummy! :)

Floyd said...

Counting your blessings and naming them one by one... What a wonderful example you are, Diane! We all need to be mindful of the little things that end up meaning everything. That wisdom is a gift from God.

That tater and egg sandwich sounds reeeeeally good!

A Joyful Noise said...

What a wonderful son to cook all your favorites! And none went to waste, even breakfast the next day!
God is good!

Betty said...

What a loving post Diane. I love potatoes too with onions..hummmm.

Ok I am hungry...love you friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Precious Lidia...I, too, haven't been to my favorite blogs - one of which is yours. I just wrote an apology to you on yours. I do hope you will forgive me.

I am doing well in my new church. Blossoming I guess would be the right word. Opening up like a flower. God is using me once again and I bow before His Majesty with a humble, servant's heart.

Bless you for asking. Thank you, my dear friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Kim, you always make me smile!

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, wouldn't it be awesome to have some bloggers meet - for breakfast, my favorite meal of the day?

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Amen, Hazel! Amen!

Diane Ronzino said...

You made me smile, too, Betty.

Oh yes, the taters must have onions...

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Stunning how a simple food can sound so dang GOOD!!!!! A loving act by your son to have cooked for you. His love for YOU helped him remember to add some extra "taters!"

this is a MOM post!!! its beautiful.

Treasure it. love, martha