Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Profound Words

I just read Jesus Christ's Words as recorded in Matthew 5:48b in The Message version of the Bible.
Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you.
Whoa!  Live generously and graciously toward others, THE WAY GOD LIVES TOWARD YOU...

In other words, let's Pay It Forward...


The way God has toward us!

May we live out our God-created identities in such a manner that it pionts others to God.  
Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you Light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in Heaven.             ~ Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message Version)
Because of Him and Unto Him,


8 comments:

Betty said...

Great point Diane, if we are open to others it will help them open up to the Father...I am ever reminded we are to light in this dark world. So many living in darkness and sometimes we shun them because we don't want to get into their messy lives, it could cost us time, money and our hands and feet. Great post, great reminder. Blessings

Floyd said...

A wonderful and great reminder, Diane. I just shared my light this morning. My job isn't to covert, I'm not God. My job is to share His truths. What a blessing to be able to do that.

Kel Rohlf said...

Diane- I love that version of Matthew 5:48b...it's my theme verse for the mission and ministry I am pursuing with God's strength...if you look at the New Frontiers tab on my blog...you can see more of what I mean...I love the graphic on the chalkboard...and the combo of the verse and the pay it forward application :)

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
This is something that seems to really impact people~~a few years ago while we were on a trip, stopping at the local Cracker Barrel eatery, I noticed a woman in the corner, alone and truly seemed to have a huge weight sitting on her heart. She kept starring at me-I tried to ignore it but she would be looking at me each time I glanced up.

We got ready to leave and I told Matt to go ahead, I would be there soon. I walked up to the woman and she started crying-telling me she didn't mean to look at me so much. But I was wearing a Cross Necklace and she had never seen one-or had one. I thanked her by saying "God BLess you" and walked out. As I glanced back, her head had dropped and I saw her shoulders shaking with sobs.

For whatever reason, I turned back around, went to her table and asked her to look up~~When she did, I took my Necklace off and put it in her hands. I will never forget the look on her face and how the tears flowed. She thanked me, said she did not deserve this and I simply told her "God loves you. Just do something nice for another person."

I walked out and Matt looked at me, noticing my Necklace was gone. He smiled~~it was a precious moment. I did not judge this woman-she seemed to need someone to show her a bit of Love that night.

Thank you for reminding us all about reaching out to others.

(sweet blessings Diane) martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Such Wisdom, my friend. Thank you for your wise words. You are absolutely right!

Diane Ronzino said...

Yay for you, Floyd. And you, also, are so right. It's not our job to convert, just let the Light shine!

I think I need sunglasses around you!

Diane Ronzino said...

Great, Kel. I will definitely check out your tab. Thank you for sharing! It's wonderful to meet other missionary minded people. God bless you!

Diane Ronzino said...

You've told me that story before, but it was worth hearing again. What a selfless act of Love. You definitely showed her your generous Father in Heaven.

Bless you, Martha. There have been so many on the receiving end of your Light and Love.

What an honor to know you.