Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy, HAPPY Thanksgiving!

Our only daughter, Alece, sent us this photo card in a text for Thanksgiving. She lives in Nashville.  If you only knew what Alece has gone through in the last 4 years. If you only knew...

Her whole life was robbed from her. Alece lost her husband, her beloved African Gray parrot, her home, her friends, her ministry, her job, her beloved Africa all in one shot due to the continual unfaithful acts of her husband.

For three years she seemed to barely cling to life. She was alone and her soul was destitute, her life was as well. She moved all over this country living with various friends. No belongings, no life. And barely holding onto the hem of Jesus' Garment by her fingertips.

To see Alece in this photo...

Alive. 

Joy-filled. 

Free. 

Healed.

Whole.

Rejoicing once again in life...


Truly does a mother's heart good. This mother's heart.

Great is our God to restore the years the locust have eaten.  Great is our God Who honors faith. Great is our God Who never leaves nor forsakes, even when a husband does. Great is our God Who lifts us off the bed of languishing and gives us reason to hope.  

To my readers who know Alece, I know there is a lump in your throat at seeing her photo. Rejoice with me. Hallelujah! God is Good!

Forever, I am thankful. It truly was a Happy Thanksgiving!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

11 comments:

Betty said...

Wonderful picture, wonderful post, wonderful mother who loves her wonderful daughter...there is life after divorce, it's called, "Life in Christ."

Crown of Beauty said...

Oh, Diane, your post brought tears to my eyes. I only know a tiny bit of what your daughter has been through, but if there is a post where I can read more, I'd be happy to know.

Yes, this is a beautiful photo. JOy filled, free, healed, whole, alive.

What joy it must bring to your own heart, her mother.

I thank God for your friendship, Diane.

Love
Lidia

Floyd said...

What a beautiful story and testimony to God who delivers us. My heart is joyful for you and your family, Diane. That's great stuff! Real life stories of God's redemption is a lift to all of our souls... We all get a turn in the Valley of the Shadow of Death... God never walks us around it, but right through the middle so that the world will see that only His hand has that power and sovereignty.

A Joyful Noise said...

I wanted to jump for joy with your sweet daughter. God will restore what the canker worm tried to destroy. Happy Thanksgiving to you dear Denise.

A Joyful Noise said...

Diane sorry

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty, how true your words are! That's because you are a wise-hearted woman of God!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lidia, I feel the same way! Here is Alece's blog: www.gritandglory.com You can read around there to read some of her story.

Thank you for desiring to know more of Alece's story.One day, I do believe it will be a published book!

You have such a special, Holy Spirit-led heart and I'm so grateful you are in my life, Lidia!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you for your powerful words, Floyd. I love what you wrote: We all get a turn in the Valley of the Shadow of Death... God never walks us around it, but right through the middle so that the world will see that only His hand has that power and sovereignty.

How absolutely true! Amen and Amen!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, thank you, Hazel. I love your rejoicing heart! And no problems about the name. I can't tell you how many times I've done that. I laughed when I read it and thought, "Thank God I'm not the only one who does that."

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
I was thinking about "a grain of Sand" when you spoke of Alece barely hanging onto the hem of HIS garment.

HE knew she was there~~~and HE has walked the path with her. Just as you-MOM-has paced the floor, nights filled with worry, buckets of tears shed for the tremendous grief she had to work through.

PLEASE tell Alece~~~this photo of her says to the entire world

I AM ALIVE with JOY!!!!!!!

What a glorious gift she gave you for Thanksgiving. Cherish it.

love to all your family. martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, thank you so much for your words. Your heart is so special and you have such a way with the written word that speaks right to the heart.

Truly, thank you, dear friend.