Thursday, November 8, 2012

Divine Knock, Knock...

The Word of God was active, living, powerful yesterday. 
SHARPER than any two-edged sword.
PIERCING soul and spirit.  
DISCERNING the thoughts and intents of the heart.

And it started with a knock at my door yesterday in the midst of the Noreaster we were having. Someone needed prayer. 

As she began sharing her heart, I sat there a little stunned.

What she was "confessing" to me, was the same EXACT thing I was struggling with. EXACTLY. It had to do with our attitudes about the same EXACT thing.


Was God toying with me? What's going on here?


I was so tempted to be spiritual. After all, she sought me to pray for her. Didn't I owe it to her to be spiritual? Isn't that why God sent her to me - so I could minister to her?

But, in a moment's time, I "confessed" right back to her. Her surprised look made me feel like I did the wrong thing by exposing myself. I sat there thinking she's thinking, "Oh, great! How can she help me?"

But, that was the devil's lie. We both sat there in a moment of silence, looking into each other's eyes. In that moment, God had us. The two of us. He sliced us both with the Sword of His Word. 

We laughed with joy. We, truly, were both so grateful to the other for our "confessions".  

And the burden of what we both were struggling with lifted from the two of us - simultaneously.

We didn't even need to pray long. We said quick prayers and praised God for the trust between us; for His work in the both of us.
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. ~ James 5:16 
That is why God sent her to me. 
He knew I needed The Sword turned in on ME!
That I might be healed.
And that she, too, would be healed.

Hallelujah! 

I love when I see Scriptures active in my life, and I praise God for His Divine knock at my door!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

19 comments:

Kim said...

wow - awesome!

Kel Rohlf said...

now that was a divine appointment for sure! God is great!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Kim! How are you feeling? Did you get snow Upstate?

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen, Kel!

Betty said...

You seem to get a lot of those "divine appointments" my friend. God knows His daughter and who to sent to her. That was a blessed post.

wordglow said...

Wow Diane... that is another story that should be published. I don't know of any specific themes coming up in Chicken Soup for the Soul that match it (maybe Divine appointments?) but if they do, this would be perfect. I love how God works that way...and in His word too. Praying that noreaster is not hitting you as they said it would, but casting out to sea! - Pam

wordglow said...

Something just changed on your comments that doesn't allow me to sign in the regular way... but Wordglow is me. :) Pam

joy said...

What a witness. Thaks Diane. It was a joy reading your post:)

joy said...

What a witness. Thaks Diane. It was a joy reading your post:)

A Joyful Noise said...

This would be funny if it were not so TRUE. We are weak vessels, but it is amazing that he uses the weak to confound the wise. Your story reminded me of similar confessions, and how we all struggle at times. God sent her to you for healing for the both of you! Praise His Name! Helps me out too!

Floyd said...

What a great story! Those kind of things don't happen without an honest and God seeking heart. God is good! And your experience helps not only you two, but all of us who read... How cool is that?

You really do have a wonderful attitude... It's encouraging. Thanks, Diane.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Betty, I do. I pray for them all the time. What's that saying? "Be careful what you pray for." But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Pam.

I don't know why you can't sign in the old manner. The only thing I changed was I deslected anonymous comments because I was getting around 30 a day - all SPAMS. So, I did away with the anonymous comments.
I'm not sure how that changed things.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Joy! Twice over! LOL..

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Hazel, He uses the weak to confound the wise. He is amazing! Life Lessons Learned!

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, you are such an encouraging brother and friend. Thank you for always lifting others up. Truly. It's a gift and I'm so blessed to be on the receiving end.

You must have been a marvelous coach. To think of all the lives you impacted. Wow..

And how many more now through your writing. Thank you!

Did I ever tell you that I had been praying for a Godly man to be a part of my Circle of Sharing...You were hand picked by God...It's that something?

So glad to know you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Pam, thanks for praying about the Nor'easter. We didn't get winds as high as expected. We got rain. A lot of Long Island got a lot of snow, but not us! A mean just a town away. Wahoo! It took Joe 2 hours to get home from work from all the snow.

The LORD is good. Thank you for sending it out to sea! Thank you for praying.

Thank you to ALL who prayed!

wordglow said...

So glad to hear that answer to prayer, Diane! Grateful it went out to sea!

Yes, I used to sign in through the choice, URL, which asked for my name and website. Now I only have "openId" which allows only going through Wordpress for me. And that makes my name "wordglow" with wordpress.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, sorry, Pam. I'll give it another week or so and switch it back and I'll see what happens. Please remind me if I forget!