Friday, November 30, 2012

Declaration of Truth


This is an abbreviated version of a handout for a women's meeting that I'm ministering at tomorrow morning. I pray it speaks to you:


by Vern Herscherger
Proverbs 18: 21 says, "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue". Words that we speak can bring blessing or cursing - life unto our circumstances and our souls, or death to them. 

At the Spirit-filled Episcopal church I attended when I was very young in The Lord, the Pastors had us speak out loud - as a community - a Declaration of Truth during each church service. The more I declared God's Word over my life, the more I believed it. The more my faith grew, the more my inner being was healed and delivered. I - an angry, abusive wife and mother - was transformed from the inside out. 

The church was known in the community as the "Healing Church". Truly it was, because faith abounded, and expectations of Jesus meeting our needs ran very high as we declared God's Word over ourselves. Life was in the power of my tongue!

And miracles I did receive.
When Andrew was seven months old, he stopped growing. His height, weight, and head circumference did not change for seven months. Doctors spoke words of death over his little life and put my child through a battery of horrific tests. Only when I stopped all testing and stood only on God's Word, did Andrew begin to grow and thrive again. 
And then at 17 months old, Andrew abruptly dropped dead in my dining room. When the ambulance did not arrive, he was brought back to life at The Name of Jesus Christ. His testimony of Heaven can take your breath away.  
My husband, Joe, backslid and left us.  He was filing for divorce. Through a poem my nine-year old daughter, Alece, wrote, Joe came home. It was a poem declaring God's Truths.  A poem entitled Miracles.
After many, many months of praying and declaring God's Word over Joe's life, he dramatically repented and our marriage was made whole, catapulting us into ministry.  
My doctor diagnosed me with appendicitis and urged me to go to the hospital. I broke the iniquities passed down from my family line in regard to ruptured appendixes and stood on God's Word alone, refusing surgery. It took three days, but on the third day, I was totally, dramatically healed - all to my Christian doctor's amazement. 
These are some of the miracles took place during our tenure at St. Thomas' Episcopal Church. I share these with you for one purpose only - to give God glory for His awesome and mighty deeds that He does in answer to faithFaith was engraved into my heart through those declarations. Faith became my way of life. So when dire and desperate circumstances arose, I dared to believe God's Word above those circumstances. 

Above my feelings and bove doctor's negative reports. 

And God honored my faith.

So, I share with you a declaration of some Truths from God's Word that you can speak out loud over yourself.  If you will read this out loud over yourself everyday and before you open your Bible to read it, your life will effectually change.
I am a child of God Almighty. Since He is no respecter of persons, His Promises are to me, personally.  And They are sure and true – forever established.   
At the Name of Jesus Christ, everything contrary to the Word of God must bow its knee. Therefore, I am what God says I am, I have what God says I have, and I can do what God says I can do.   
I believe that God's Word is infallible.  As I hear and read God's Word, faith is built in my heart because my heart is good ground. I believe God's Word over my circumstances and feelings.  Because God's Word is a powerful, double-edged sword dividing spirit and soul and judging the thoughts and intents of my heart, I humbly submit myself to God’s Word and ask Him to use It on me to bring change within.
God’s Word has the power to transform me into a new creation.  As I read God’s Word, my mind is renewed.  I am becoming new and improved, healed and delivered, whole and healthy.
My Father is in the restoration business. He restores the years the “locust” has eaten from my life. His desire for me is to live life abundantly; therefore, Satan must give back everything that he has stolen from my life.  
Today is more important than ten yesterdays because today I have the ability to do and be all I missed out on yesterday. Today, God’s mercies abound to me and all is forgiven. A new day has dawned and I am new and improved, healed and delivered, whole and healthy.
And I am free!   
Thank You, my Father!
~~~
Make changes to it as it suits your needs. Find Scriptures pertaining to what you are believing for and write them out as a declaration - as a statement of fact.

I would love to hear your testimonies after you have started doing this. Truly, it will be life transforming! Please email me and share with me. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Because of Him and Unto Him,


11 comments:

Floyd said...

I love the power and faith by which you live your life. We are bound only to the flesh as God sees fit. What the world can't grasp is that our flesh is secondary to the divine will and power of God that resides in the dimension we'll all pass through eventually. He isn't bound by the physical world His power sustains, He can do as He pleases. It's all His!

Miracles are what we know exist and they happen more than the world realizes. For those of us who believe, there is no "unexplained phenomenon." There is the sovereign hand of our Father.

Praying for your ministry, Diane. God is on your side.

wordglow said...

Diane... you asked me to remind you about the way I sign in here. It just forced me out and lost my comment because I wasn't "signed in to my blog." So here goes again...

Thanks for a great post. This is exactly what I have been trying to post on my own blog lately. I have prayed this way a long time, but even more so lately... and seeing God moving by proclaiming "I am healed" even when in the natural symptoms say otherwise, proclaiming God's provision when I'm not sure where my next penny is coming from and seeing Him move. So thanks for this!

Betty said...

thanks for the testemonies and the challenge. I am dealing with a chronic issue now that I am going to pray for healing...will keep you in touch how God choses to heal me.

The title for blog is right on...an encouraging word...that you have given us.

If there are mistakes it's becuase I am typing without my glasses...guess I better pray to find them. Love you my friend.

A Joyful Noise said...

I believe in miracles and also in the power of the positive Word! Loved this amazing testimony!

Betty said...

Diane, the clip you want from my blog site is too big to send. But if you get on the New Tribes site you will find it there also and maybe can down load it from there. They have several clips you would love to see...blessings.

Jennifer Dougan said...

Wow, Diane, those are some amazing stories of God moving and working! He is a tender, extravagant God, isn't he?

I've missed being here. :)

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, Floyd. The time of ministry on Saturday was awesome. God healed heart-sick souls. Thank you!

Your words are so true and powerful. Thanks for comments. We all glean from your words.

Diane Ronzino said...

Standing with you, Pam! You will receive!

And I'm sorry your still having trouble commenting I will look into this. Thanks for reminding me! Everyone time I comment on your blog, I must sign in to WordPress first. So, I don't know if it's a Wordpress thing or not. But, I will look into it.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty, you make me laugh. Even WITH glasses, I have trouble. These comment box fonts are so tiny. I make typos all the time.

Please do let me know about your healing. I will be praying as well. Love to you!

Diane Ronzino said...

You are a sister of "like precious faith" Hazel. And I'm honored to know you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi Jennifer. So glad to have you visit.

And yes, He is an extravagant God - an extravagant Father Who loves to lavish His Love on His children!