Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Prayers of the Saints

As hurricane Sandy blew through New York, Joe and I were prepared. By that I mean, prayed up. Our trust was in The LORD. 

On Sunday morning, I walked my property and my neighbors' properties. I walked and covered our homes, vehicles, and properties - especially the trees - with The Blood of Jesus Christ. I even spoke to the electric and cable lines to and from our homes.

My one neighbor is Rob. He is a soldier serving in Afghanistan right now. My other neighbor's weren't home. We have construction going on in our driveway right now, so our cars are parked across the street. Joe's car on the street and mine in an abandoned-to-foreclosure property. My main concern was our vehicles, as the property where our cars were parked had a lot of trees. 

I encircled our lands, declaring God's Word and invoking The Blood of The Lamb. 

As the winds roared, the trees swayed to degrees I had never seen before. Every time I would shutter with concern, I spoke God's Word, "Peace. Be still." to my own heart. It was needful. It was productive. God's Word is sure and true and active, never returning void. My heart stilled. Faith-filled peace resulted.

The electric went out for one hour. We had cable, Internet, and phone service. We hardly had a stitch of rain - drizzles here and there.  None of our properties lost trees, not a stitch of damage to our homes or vehicles. The storm ended quite abruptly two days ahead of prediction, as if it had turned away from Long Island.  That, too, was a result of authoritative prayer. To our God, be all the glory!

Others on Long Island and New York City cannot say the same thing. Joe's employees were hit hard. One of them watched his car float away down the street. A street turned river.  The devastation and deaths saddened me deeply. Two cases that struck me to the core of my being involved children. 

One family invited the next door neighbor's children over for a sleepover. In the middle of the night, a tree from the neighbor's yard, came crashing through the roof the sleepover's home, landing on top of the children. They were killed. Two families devastated, lives forever changed.

The other case was of a family riding in a car. Husband, wife, and two children. They pulled off the road and sat in their vehicle. For some reason, the parents got out of the car as the two children remained inside. To the kids' horror, a tree fell on their parents killing them. They witnessed the whole thing. In an instant their whole lives and psyches were forever changed.

Please pray for these families, for the children now orphaned. May they not blame God; may the seek Him and find His healing Presence.

To those of you who prayed for us, thank you. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you! The prayers of the saints were effectual. God kept us in the cocoon of His Being, standing firm on The Rock of His Holy Word. To Him, Alone, do we give glory.

Because of Him and Unto Him,


25 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

What a powerful testimony of God's authority this is, and I rejoice with you that you knew how to appropriate that authority. But yes, the stories you shared are so sad. Devastation beyond the physical... I am praying for them too.

Thank you for sharing this update. I have prayed for my friends who were in the path of this storm. I am happy to hear God had protected you.

Blessings
Lidia

A Joyful Noise said...

Yes, Peace in the storm. Speaking the Word and using your authority saved your property, trees, and vehicles - - So sad for those who witnessed terrible loss. May you be blessed this day and week end. So sorry for Joes employees too.

Pam said...

Powerful testimony... and sorrowful sorrowful stories. I will pray for them. So grateful for his blood covering!! And how He has been leading me to pray that for you and so many others on my prayer list all year long... Amazing.

Floyd said...

Praying for them and for you, Diane. Thanks for your obedience and faith.

Pam said...

I just linked your blog post at mine to bring more prayers, Diane...

TC Avey said...

Praise God!
Power in the blood of the Lamb!

Betty said...

Thank God you and Joe are ok. I called you, the phone rang about four times then a static sound. So was very glad to see your post.

So much lost because of this storm. Still huge need for prayer for all those recovering from the storm. Again so good to hear from you. Blessings

Veronica Shticks Anderson said...

I was so glad to see this post, Diane! I'm so happy to hear from you--you've been on my mind! Hug, hug, hug!!!

LOLITA said...

D, I was thinking of you when word about Sandy hit our TV. I know you are in the seaside are of NY.

My mom and brother are safe too. They have electricity. My mom had to stay home while my brother had to work.

I thank God that you are safe and those around you, D.

So sorry about those other neighbors especially the children who are now orphaned.

Hugs and blessings!

Diane Ronzino said...

Please also pray for a mother whose car got stuck in water. She took her two infants out of their car seats to start walking and a massive wave came up the block and swept the infants right out of her arms. The babies still have not been found. Oh, God help this woman!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Lidia. To know that those on the other side of the world were praying for us is such an awesome thing. All the prayers were effectual. I hope your friends faired as well. Hugs to you...

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Hazel. It's so good to connect with you all again. So, so many are still without electric. We had one of Joe's employees stop over last night just to take a shower. We don't realize how strenuous this is on marriages. I'm praying for the marriages as well...

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Pam. It's so comforting to know that such intercessors are standing in the gap! God bless you! Please see the additional need I wrote about above.

Joe's employee told us about that last night. I couldn't even speak I was so horrified.

May all these hearts turn to Jesus.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Floyd for your prayers for all of us. God is going to move through the devastation. May hearts turn to Him.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, AMEN, TC! AMEN!

Diane Ronzino said...

Betty, thanks for trying to call. That means a lot to me. We have phone service, however, lines must be down all over the place. People I've called I cannot get through to.

Our TV stations are still not running regular programs. Just storm stuff.

You are so right, so many prayers are still needed. My heart's cry is that they turn to Jesus.

Diane Ronzino said...

MY V! Thank you, thank you, thank you for hugs. You do put a smile on my face!!! Love to you and the family.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lolita, so good to hear from you and to know your mother and brother and well and safe. Thank You, Jesus! Thank you for your prayers!

Please pray for the mother I mentioned above. My stomach knots up just thinking of her agony.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Prayer is powerful and your COF friends were definitely lifting your area (meaning YOU) up and asking the LORD to keep YOU safe.

The tragic losses you spoke of~~Oh God, my heart goes numb~how can you find the Right words to say when Death strikes children, parents-almost in a way that a Tornado dips down and up, striking one place, leaving another with no damage.

People will be forever impacted by the tremendous Force of Mother Nature.

Prayer was the perfect place for you to be at Diane! A good lesson for all.

Blessings, martha

Diane Ronzino said...

I know you share my heart in regard to all this, Martha. Towns are gone. Blocks are gone. Deaths.

And here we stand.

Time for the church to mobilize to help the damaged areas. Please pray for that. Mission teams need to come in to help.

Necessary generators, water, gasoline is being diverted to cover the NY Marathon by the government. It's almost shocking to my senses.

God have mercy on us!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
I was thinking last night about WHY a marathon was needed at such a critical time when people are truly suffering and doing without!!

We just heard on the news of the Marathon being cancelled!

Thank the good Lord-time to run and offer HELP.

We are praying for all of you.

((hugs of HOPE)) martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Martha. It is being reported that a Noreaster is going to hit on Wed. A Noreaster is like a hurricane but with snow. Please pray it turns away from Long Island!

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, I cannot tell you how infuriated I was about the marathon! I thank God that Mayor Bloomberg FINALLY cancelled it.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
I have a "Feeling" that this Mayor finally looked around-and the devastation he saw could not be ignored!

I thought I heard on a news cast that some of those who came to do the Marathon were stepping up and helping wherever it was needed.

A lesson will be learned by them all.

I also pray your area does NOT get hit again!

People are Still without Heat!

We keep praying for needed help to get there.

God bless you for helping eyes to open and hearts to care.

blessings to you and Joe.

martha

Diane Ronzino said...

I love your heart, Martha! God bless you!