Monday, October 8, 2012

Another Full Circle Chapter

It's weird how "life" has a way of bringing us full circle. It always amazes me and I'm not sure I fully grasp the whys, except that it is something that is meant to be. 


To witness thousands of teens prostrate before The LORD
 is a humbling, soul-searching experience.
Teen Mania's Acquire the Fire youth conventions were a part of our family's life for many years. Usually, every fall we'd road trip to Boston, or Maryland in the spring, with car loads of teens. They were exhausting weekends for us "grown ups", but spiritually exhilarating for the teens as well as the adults. Usually, I also volunteered. So, on top of my duties with the kids, I worked the merchandise areas or the prayer stations. 

But, at the end of the day, we'd all settle into our hotel rooms, and gather around to share what God was doing in each one, praying for those who were broken and dealing with hard-core issues.

God moves in the kid's hearts. Transforms. Causes radical, life-long change. Deliverances. Deep emotional healings. I've witnessed it - year after year. And have been blessed beyond measure that God would allow me to be a part of it.

Then one day, my youngest bird (Andrew) flew my nest, leaving my nest empty.

In addition to the yearly conventions, all my children did summer mission trips with Teen Mania traveling all over the world. Every school year, we'd prepare for the upcoming summer mission trips with praying, fundraisers, letter writing, etc. Two of my three children attended Teen Mania's ministry internship program after high school. That first fall after Andrew went out to Michigan to attend a different ministry internship program, and the following spring, I grieved the loss of ATF in our lives. Literally. It actually took a few years for that ache to finally dissipate. 

My hands-on association with teens has been long gone now. 

As you know, I'm fairly new to my young, two-year-old church. There are only a few teens. But, almost from day one, the burden for the teens rekindled. 

Why not take them to an ATF?  Are you kidding me?!  I'm so much older now. All that noise, crowds, loud music, junk food! Little sleep! NO! 

Can you hear my inner dialogue?  

But, God gave me a wonderful companion who is older than me (so what is my excuse?) and is willing to go with me!  How can I resist? So, we're planning for the spring in Maryland.  

ATF has come full circle back around in my life again. For a weekend I will be a spiritual momma to a bunch of teens that I barely know. But, God does. And this is His plan. His purpose. His circle to complete. After all, He is The One Who completes the good work He began in us (Phil.1: 6). Obviously, my work is not done.  And I'm blessed.

What about you? What full circle chapter's have there been in your life? Please share.

Because of Him and Unto Him,





8 comments:

A Joyful Noise said...

Oh Diane, this is wonderful and you will be such a blessing to these teens and those you meet while you are there. Our children spent a week in Mexico while in their teens. Doing something crazy for Jesus is a good thing!

joy said...

I am so happy to hear how God is working in your life and how you serve God.
I belive my mission is with the elderly. I love being with them.

Betty said...

Before we went into missions we had as many missionaries in our homes as we could. We loved to hear their stories. Now folks have us and wants us to tell them about our ministry. Yeah, God has a way of doing that to us, bringing us full circle. Our circle will be complete when we step through heavens door. Great post Diane, so good to have you back. Blessings

Saleslady371 said...

This is so wonderful, Diane! Those teens will be blessed to have you in their lives!

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow, Hazel, that is awesome that your children went to Mexico. That's the one place my children haven't been to.

Diane Ronzino said...

Joy, you know, me too. The weekly Bible study I lead is to the elderly. I love sitting with them and hearing their life stories; gleaning from their Wisdom.

Isn't it funny that God uses me with the young and the old?

Diane Ronzino said...

Betty, how awesome is your circle...wow...thanks for sharing! And you are right, our circles will be finally complete when we walk through Heaven's Gateway. Love it!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Mary, for your kind words!