Monday, October 1, 2012

A Sonic Boom Kind of Quote

My pastor used this quote in her sermon yesterday:
The primary reason I ever attend a church service (or, frankly, even have serious or long conversations with Christians) is the hope that I will hear something proclaimed out of Heaven, something that carries the Majesty, the Revelation, the Heart and Breath of God. I want my heart to burn with a Word from Heaven. I want to hear something, which rumbles through the corridors of His Chamber and then creates a sonic boom when it enters my “earth space.” I am not interested in a 3-point guide for living or recycled Oprah or political perspectives or even a Bible study or exploring “styles of worship.” And, I’m not looking for more apologetics and theology. "I want the sound of Heaven to invade my heart, scare the hell out of me, and split me wide open. I want my “Edness” to spill out on the ground and for Him to take up residence in the suddenly empty vessel. ~ Ed Chin
I googled "Ed Chin" to try and find out more about this man who has such a heart, but there were many Ed Chins. Truly, he is a Vessel of Honor unto our God.  Maybe the reason I could not find the right Ed Chin is because he has become such an empty vessel and Christ has taken up residence so fully and completely, that it is no longer Ed Chin who lives. Truly, this man is a tribute to Galatians 2:20:
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
I will carry this quote within me - meditating on it, digesting it - allowing it to nourish me. And if anyone knows anything about this Ed Chin, please share it with me.

Have a blessed Monday! 

Because of Him and Unto Him,

10 comments:

TC Avey said...

Powerful quote- thanks for sharing.

Sorry, I've never heard of this person but I like this quote!

Floyd said...

What a great quote! I may have heard of him? He sounds familiar?
I love that word picture; emptying our pride and filth onto the ground as God makes us new, clean, strong in our weakness. Great stuff. I'll be thinking about this.

Pam said...

Never heard of him, either, but the words are wondrous. I heard someone sharing the other day how God showed him that each of our prayers resound out into the throneroom of heaven, and there is silence so God and all are truly listening, moving to answer. Incredible. That if we could only know how powerful our voice is there in prayer, we would never stop. Especially when we speak out His word and declare His promises over ourselves and others...

Ann Cocktale said...

This is the kind of post that makes me think, pray, ponder, think. Thank you.

Betty said...

Never heard of this man but now I am curious too as to his story.

That is a profound statement though and I too will pen this down to re-read...good post Diane, by the way, welcome back, missed you.

A Joyful Noise said...

A word that actually comes from Heaven is what I long for! At my church there are encouraging words and challenges and I love my church, but I have been in services where heaven came down and I long for that again.

Kim said...

This is a wonderful cry of one's spirit! May this be my cry also!!

joy said...

I didn't know him either, but his life sounds a life lived for God. Inspiration:)

Crown of Beauty said...

I agree with Mr. Ed Chin, the one whom your pastor quoted. It speaks directly to me. Thank you for sharing it, Diane!

Blessings...
Lidia

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm sorry I didn't get to respond to you all, but I was under the weather. Thank you all for reading and sharing. I've missed my blogging community!

Thanks, TC for coming by and sharing!

Floyd, I love your heart!

Amen, Pam! Amen!

Ann, I'm so glad that something I wrote causes one to stop and think and ponder. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, Betty!

Hazel, I ditto what you said!

And you too, Kim! My heart as well.

I agree, Joy. Truly, a life lived for God.

Thanks for sharing, Lidia!