Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Word Fitly Spoken Unto Me

The nine-month planning for the party came to it's climax.

And now it's all over. What will I do with myself now?

It was a huge success. Almost everything went as I imagined.  The tent and table settings were so beautiful - it looked like a wedding celebration.  It was "first class" all the way!  

There was much, much laughter and tears throughout the afternoon. Even Mattebella Vineyard owner, Mark Tobin, was in tears throughout the day. He kept popping in and out to capture the precious moments with his camera.

The Long Island weather was extraordinary! Blue sky with swirls of clouds painted here and there. Sunny and just cool enough to be perfectly comfortable. 

Michael, Alece, and Andrew ran out into the parking lot to greet Joe as he got out of the car. He was shocked and confused at seeing Alece and Andrew. "What's going on?", was about all that Joe could muster to say.  He told me later that he was shocked.

I do not have all the photos downloaded to my computer yet, but hopefully, by the next post they will be and I will share the party with you all - my precious blogging community.

But, for now, I want to share this:

Pam, from Writing Apples of Gold, sent me an e-card on Saturday that was straight from our Father's Heart. It was about God caring about every detail. It truly was a Word fitly spoken. The Scripture reference was James 5:11 from the Message Bible, which reads:
God cares right down to the last detail.  
I re-read the card and Pam's words (which could have been a card in themselves!) several times on Saturday during the long night. I could not sleep as my heart was getting anxious about all the details.  But, Peace flooded my soul as I read the words.

I got up Sunday morning, and re-read the card, setting my heart like flint that God cared about me, Joe, and this birthday celebration right down to the last detail.

Well...

Every detail that I envisioned was in place except one. The company that supplied the tent and tables and chairs, was supposed to provide the garbage cans and garbage bag liners.

It wasn't until we were tearing down and cleaning up at the end, that I realized people had used the four huge garbage cans, but there was no liners in them.  They company neglected to bring the garbage bags.

Oh, no!

Seeing as the tent company wasn't going to be picking up the tent until Monday, all the garbage would be sitting out overnight providing a feast for the animals. 

But, God cared right down to the last detail! 

Howie, one of Joe's childhood friends, just happened to have huge, heavy-duty garbage bags in the trunk of his car. Seriously?! Wow!

Not only were there enough bags for the trash, but also to collect all the table linens that I had to return to the linen company. 

Isn't God just so beyond our imaginations?  He never, ever lets me down.
Now to Him Who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the Power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen!          ~ Ephesians 3:20,21
Yes, to Him, Alone, be the glory
forever and ever.
Amen!

Thank you, Pam, for being so sensitive to The Holy Spirit and acting upon His leading. With sincerity of heart, I thank you!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

11 comments:

Martha Herden said...

Hi Diane!

Of course it was going to be a huge success~~You did this straight from your Heart!!!

Yahoo!! So thrilled to hear everything was "over the top" and I have a feeling, it was a moment in time that Joe will never forget!

Actually-it was a moment for your entire Family!!

Way to go... (((hugs)))martha

joy said...

Congratulation to Joe. Our God is really wonderful, taking care every smallest details in our lives. I Hope you share the pictures of the celebration one day. Bless you Diane!

TC Avey said...

Thanks for the reminder that God knows each and every step we take and care's about every last detail!
He is so good!

Pam said...

Diane, I read this through tears! How great is our God! The God of details!! I can't wait to see pictures. The part about Joe's friend and the trash bags reminds me of a Guideposts Mysterious Ways :) So happy this day was such a HUGE success and blessing to you all...and that your kids could come!

Betty said...

The very littest detail..great post...great testemony of God's love for you my friend. So very glad he was surprised, makes it even better.

On what will you do with yourself, I know you will find someone to help, write you sweet post, lend a helping hand, teach your class...I think the Lord will fill your moments. Blessings.

A New Song said...

Made me smile all the way through. I was thinking if I were there, you would have been able to use MY garbage bags from My trunk . Yep! I carry them and a bunch of other stuff like that with me at all times. LOL!

Our Father is certain to keep us covered if only we include HIM in our details. Thank God, you do!
Blessings!

A Joyful Noise said...

What a blessing you were for all the planning and follow through, and God was there in front arranging the details. How blessed Joe was, and ALL the others too. It was a wonderful day!

Floyd said...

I think when we get to see exactly how involved God is in the details, we're gonna be blown away! Glad all went off without a hitch... God is good...

Crown of Beauty said...

I am so happy for you, dear Diane, my heart is singing. Of course I had no idea what that party was all about, though I can guess. It must have been a surprise birthday party for the hubby? It must have been beautiful. Classy... elegant... wow, just my kind of thing.

ANd yes, Pam is so right. God cares about us, down to the last detail. He doesn't forget anything.

This post brought such a delight to my heart!

Much love
Lidia

Pam said...

Hi Everyone,
Lolita asked me to let you know why she is "missing" right now in our conversations and her blog. She no longer has access to go online at work and will set up again at her home when she can. Please keep that in your prayers for God's provision for her to be able to afford that. I know how much she loves connecting with all of us. She may occasionally be able to get on for a few minutes...which is how she sent me an email. Let's pray for God to open this up for her and encourage her...

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you all so much for your encouraging, caring words. I'm up to my eyeballs with my children at the moment. One more week and then it will be back to life as usual. I miss all your blogs so much. I can't wait...

Pam, thank you for letting us all know about our Lolita! Pray we will!