Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What Is Your Testimony?

Testimonies.  I'm sure you've hear it said, "Without a test there is no testimony".  It seems my whole life has been one testimony after another - true, supernatural interventions of God - all to His glory and honor.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the purpose of testimonies. God's Word says that we overcome by the Blood of The Lamb and the word of our testimony (Rev. 12:11).  

What is it we overcome?


We overcome all the devices of Satan to kill, steal, and destroy our faith, love, and credibility. Because of the shed Blood of Jesus Christ and by the words we speak forth of the goodness of God in our lives, we OVERCOME!

Each time we share a testimony of what God has done for us, we climb the ladder of faith one rung higher.  We not only build our own faith but the faith of those who listen or read our testimonies. Testimonies are herculean faith-builders.

The spoken word is a very powerful thing.  Prov. 18:21  says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue."  We destroy or we build up with our words.  We build our faith with our words in the same way.

I'm writing my memoir - but of a very different sort.  God Almighty has done so many supernatural things in my life that they need to be shared.  I speak of them whenever the situation is appropriate and I'm writing of them for posterity's sake. 
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. ~ Hebrews 11:1
I would like to share YOUR testimonies on my blog. Please share them with me. They can be old or new ones. And it doesn't make any difference whether you think you can write well or not. This is to glorify God, not ourselves.  Let's share the marvelous things our God has done for us.  Please email them to me: aew7777@gmail.com. 

I look forward to reading your testimonies - short or long - old or new - and I will gladly, gladly post them. 

Because of Him and Unto Him,



14 comments:

Floyd said...

Oh man, where do I start? I, like you, have had so many instances where God reached down into my life and preserved me and allowed things to happen in order to change me, change my perspective through wisdom.

This life is a test and on the other side of it is wisdom and praise to the One who caused or allowed it. It is all about our perspective and understanding, be it ever so slight, of God's sovereignty.

Ann Cocktale said...

This is so true. People want to know that powerful things are happening and He is always in control. Making it through a tough situation or experiencing a mountain top always makes a good faith story.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Floyd and Ann - so does that mean you will send a testimony?

joy said...

Thanks for this Diane. A reminder how good God is and what he can do with our lives and that we should testify what he has done and doing in our lives. May God open my eyes for God's works in my life:)

A Joyful Noise said...

God saved me FROM having to do drugs and all the other things that go along with it. That does not mean that I was free from trouble, because I was not a saint. But God was there and kept me. The following story will be in my Rescue the Stories Book Two. It was a powerful moment many years ago. You may need to copy and paste - -
http://hazel-moon-blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/no-death-certificate-for-uncle-nathan.html

Jennifer Dougan said...

Each time we share, we not only "build our faith, we build the faith of those who listen..." -- yes! I agree, Dianne. Thanks.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Saleslady371 said...

I love testimonies. I always feel closer to Jesus when I hear someone testify to Him. I think that's key to us as we walk with each other as His disciples on this earth. I can testify every day! I've been off line with family stuff. Starting to visit blog buddies again, one blogger friend posted about prayer and praise and how it sets the course of things. I listened to the two praise songs she posted and He met with me so sweetly. I was thinking about posting something and to my amazement I felt in my spirit: Don't look at it that way; but look at it like this. Direction! Yay.

I love Him.
Bless you!
Mary

Pam said...

Yes...it is our stories that shine His heart. Beautiful idea, Diane. Blessings on your memoir!

Diane Ronzino said...

May God open all of our eyes, Joy!

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, thank you so much for this testamony! I am so blessed to know you.

And I can't wait for Book #2. I so enjoy reading Book #1!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for coming by, Jennifer!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Mary...I love your heart! Thank you for sharing. Now that is a testimony! Wahoo! Please write about it!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam!

Mel said...

Hi Di, I just saw this post. How on time & in the spirit this is:) The Lord has been speaking to me for at least a month or so about "sharing my story". He said, people need to hear it, because it will help in their deliverance and of course, build up my faith. So thank you for this oppty to, yes, share my story. PS... I miss you!