Thursday, August 9, 2012

Christmas in August

I cannot get "For unto us a Child is born" out of my head this morning.  So I'm sitting and meditating on that Scripture... 
...

What are You saying to me, LORD?
...

In my heart, I hear His Still Small Voice reply: 
"For unto us a Child is born" is not a Christmastime only Scripture. It's an everyday Scripture. If it were not for Jesus being born unto you, Diane, where would you be? Celebrate the birth of My Son.
...
For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given;
and the government will be upon His Shoulder.
And His Name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of His government and peace
there will be no end,
upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,

to order it and establish it with judgment and justice

from that time forward, even forever.

The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will perform this.
~ Isaiah 9:6-7


So, I share a blessed Merry Christmas with you all!  
Let us celebrate the birth of The Son of God today! 
Why not listen to some Christmas carols? 
And may Christmas be in our hearts all year long.




Because of Him and Unto Him,


13 comments:

Pam said...

I love to sing Christmas carols in my worship! Especially O come all ye faithful. Sometimes lyrics come to mind, or a melody and I can't place it at first... like comfort and joy...and suddenly I realize what it is. A Christmas carol! Yes, lets not limit that to Christmas! When I was growing up I always used to play Christmas music throughout the year.

Diane Ronzino said...

Me, too, Pam! I find myself singing, O Come Let Us Adore Him when I worship.

The Christmas carols are true worship songs...I love them, too!

Diane Ronzino said...

I don't know what is with this post. I've corrected the spacing about 20 times this morning and it's still not right. My "editor's brain" is going nuts!

Floyd said...

Funny, I have some Christmas songs on my i-pod that I was listening to yesterday... Coincidence? I think not!

I truly believe that the Holy Spirit speaks similar words to us at the same times. Glad you put it down to be discussed today. Every day is a time of rejoicing, "for a Savior was born unto us..."

Diane Ronzino said...

How cool is that?! It's definitely The Holy Spirit! Thanks for sharing that. It makes today's post that much cooler!

I just love when He does stuff like this!

A Joyful Noise said...

Years ago the church I attended celebrated Christmas for our Missionaries around this time of year. Slips of paper were passed out so members could purchase a nice gift for the missionary family. Once the box was packed we knew it would take two months to go by steamer ship over to Africa so we prepared in August and mailed the package in September. Christmas for august and September.

Pam said...

I just got a little gift in the mail today from one of my old college friends... she intended it for last Christmas but with one thing and another, and wrong addresses etc, it didn't get here. She said, hope this gets there before next Christmas! :) God is funny.

LOLITA said...

Funny because whenever I go to this part-time bookkeeping job I have (which was my full-time before), it never fails to make my mind dwell on the Birth of Jesus.... My boss there doesn't like the decors on the walls and on the ceiling put down... so they all hang around all year round except for the tree.

And Filipinos love to celebrate so early like we start in September... almost, Diane.

thanks for reminding us that it must be a day-to-day thought of how Jesus became a child for us.... and to die for sins.

Betty said...

Merry Christmas my wise hearted friend.

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow! That is awesome, Hazel! I love that your church thought of the Missionaries and cared enough to be this. That's special.

We know of a pastor over many churches in India. After the Tsunami, he was begging for clothes. Our church hemmed and hawed. "Let's just send money" was the Pastor's heart. (There was no clothing to be bought in that area of India - it all washed away.) After months of me prodding him about it, we finally accepted clothing and shipped them over. But, I was told, "Never again".

It wounded my spirit deeply.

I praise God for churches like yours!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, how perfect is our God's timing!

Diane Ronzino said...

That is funny, Lolita! Christmas all year round...LOL...

Diane Ronzino said...

Merry Christmas, Wise-hearted, courageous, KIND, Betty!