Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Story of Two Unsung Heroes

It may be too late for Memorial Day and the 4th of July, but it's NEVER too late to honor a war hero - regardless of the date.  So, I do that here, by sharing Lt. Billie D. Harris' and his wife, Peggy's, story.

This story pulled at my heartstrings in a few different ways, and the end of this video clip was such a surprise that I found myself thinking, Shame on our government!  But, if Peggy Harris can forgive, then so can I.

Peggy and Lt. Billie D. Harris
This story is inspiring for many reasons. But, I am writing about it to honor Lt. Billie D. Harris and his service to our country and to France; and to honor Peggy Harris' marital commitment and faithfulness to a husband she was only married to for 6 WEEKS before his life ended.

Peggy Harris at Billie Harris' gravesite in France







Billie is an unsung wartime hero (until now). Peggy has also been an unsung hero - for many decades.  Until now.  And now, she has become a hero in the faith to me - a woman I desire to know personally; to sit and glean from.

May Billie and Peggy's story touch your heart.


God bless the memory of Lt. Billie W. Harris and God bless the remaining years of Peggy Harris' life!

Please watch the video clip:

Please watch it to the end and then let me know your thoughts. If you are like me, you may need a tissue.

Because of Him and Unto Him,

4 comments:

Floyd said...

What a truly moving story. All those years and people across the water were having a memorial for her husband she never knew what happened to... Wow...

One life, one soul is worth searching and showing respect for... especially one that fought to preserve the lives of those who showed the indifference.

Good for her for having the heart of forgiveness. A lesson for all of us...

Pam said...

Sounds very moving...but I can't listen online. The photos are touching.

Diane Ronzino said...

I know, Floyd, right?! What a beautiful soul she is!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Pam, I'm sorry. Just Google his name and the story will come up. I'ts worth reading about.