Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Stories Rescued for Posterity

I'm not sure whether you are all aware or not, but Hazel Moon of A Joyful Noise and Tell Me A Story blogs, has just published her book, Rescue the Stories, Book One.  And I'm very excited to share it with you.


Click HERE for Purchasing Info


CONGRATULATIONS, Hazel!  

I'm so happy for her. I love that it is Book One, because that means more are to follow. WAHOO! I love reading Hazel's stories on her blogs. I have laughed and cried, as her words can uplift or touch deeply. 

I speak blessings over your book, Hazel: May the readers be able to identify with your stories; may The LORD encourage, strengthen, heal, and bring joy through your words; and may your book get into many, many hands.

~~~~~~~


And here is an update on the South African students writing competition that some of us help sponsor.  This just came in from the Director of Ignite South Africa who sponosred this program to get students to write their personal, true stories:


Diane,

I just wanted to send off a quick email to let you know that we have been reading the essays - wow.  
We have received them from over half the schools we invited to participate, and have many incredible stories.  Right now our plan is to whittle it down to the top twenty and a team will go out to interview headmasters, teachers, and families of those students.  We'll make a video of these to share (I am hoping to be able to figure out how to upload with our internet here, or find someone who can help me stateside while I am there)

Our celebration will not be held until 27 October- this will allow time to get the videos and put them together as well as prepare for the festivities.  We have secured Show Tell to hold it in and are hoping to get the schools, radio, as well as families to attend! (Keep that in prayer, we REALLY want to bless these students)

Our goal is to also put together a book of student stories to share with supporters... or perhaps we'll make it into an ebook as well.

A few things that have stood out in those writings we received is the vast number of orphans who shared.  Mothers, sisters, brothers dead.  Fathers dead, abandoned, or never present. Many dealing with harsh treatment from those currently caring for them.  I hope to share some of the poems and such that has also been sent along.  The stories themselves will need to wait until after the final announcements.

Anyhow I'll keep you in the loop.  Thanks for your prayers!


June

June Blanshan
Exective Director
Ignite South Africa Inc.


So, let's keep praying for these young writers who have overcome adversity just to put their stories on paper!  As soon as I get word of the videos or the printed stories, I'll share it with you all. 


Because of Him and Unto Him,




14 comments:

A New Song said...

How nice of you to put this on your site! Yes, it'll be great to get these circulating. God speaks through our everyday lives, but many miss His voice because they are looking for the grandiose!

Diane Ronzino said...

I've always looked in the everyday places. I'd rather that than gradiose. I think that's why I love reading other's blogs so much. I hear His Voice.

Floyd said...

I had no idea Hazel's book was out! I can't wait to read it! I agree, she has wisdom that calms the soul.

I'm also praying for the children's lives and stories.
Thanks Diane

Diane Ronzino said...

Then I'm glad I posted about it! My copy may arrive today - I can't wait. And thank you, Floyd, for praying for the children. That means a lot.

TC Avey said...

Thanks for informing me of the new book and the prayer needs.
God bless you!
Look forward to checking this book out.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi TC! Glad you came by. Have you been to Hazel's blogs? That will give you a feel for what she writes. If you haven't, why not stop by and check them out.

A Joyful Noise said...

Thank you Diane for your encouragement and I am honored that you would post about my book on your blog! Thank you for your blessing poured over the book and the stories that it contains.

Crown of Beauty said...

Wow, what a beautiful title. We all love stories... yes I love stories... thank you for sharing.

Lidia

Betty said...

Must get mine ordered...

Diane Ronzino said...

It was my pleasure, Hazel.

Crown of Beauty said...

Diane thank you for taking time to visit my blog and not only read the post but listen to the video as well. That song, The Philippines is for Christ, was composed and sung by Steve Kuban, and I believe it is in one of his albums. He has another song entitled Touch the Philippines, which is a prayer to the Father to move in our nation. We sang this song many times in the Jesus Revolution gatherings, similar to The Call in your country. On those gatherings, Lou Engle, Che Ann, Cindy Jacobs, and other intercessors and prophets also came to speak. In the video I posted, the song was sung live, but I am not sure where it was being sung. I appreciate your prayers for our nation. If God will put it on your heart to be one of the intercessors for the Philippines, we will be eternally grateful for you. In a future post, I will be sharing videos of other prophetic declarations over our nation.

With love and thanksgiving for you
Lidia

Pam said...

It looks really good! I'll have to check it out. Thanks, Diane...and Hazel!

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow, Lidia...Awesome... that song is very anointed. Cindy Jacobs...wow..that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I look forward to reading more.

God bless the Phillipines!

Diane Ronzino said...

Your welcome, Pam!