Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Outside Looking In?

As an avid bird lover, I am drawn to this photo for a few reasons -


- the brilliant blues, greens, and reds that make a bold statement; and the fact that the birds are all huddled in a circle around the seed, sharing their bounty as a community.

But, my eye and heart is really drawn to the one left out of the circle, standing all alone watching the others eat.  I get a lump in my throat just typing these words.

I want to swoop him up and place him into the circle.

Human beings, as well as birds, are created for community, not isolation.

As one who is battling the feeling of being an outsider at my new church, this photo really hit home. Initially, it was difficult to walk through the doors at Crossover Christian Church. But, people have embraced me, loved on me, and invited me into the circle of their lives.

So why do I still feel like an outsider?

I know it has something to do with my last church and losing all my relationships when we left that church. There is a deep-rooted fear, and it is something Jesus and I will work together on.

I reiterate:

Human beings, as well as birds, are created for community, not isolation.

So, I invite those who would like to be a part of my Circle of Sharing here on this blog, to enter in. We will take a step back so as to enlarge our Circle to make room for you - embracing you and our differences.

You are welcome here at an encouraging word.

You will find an awesome embracing, accepting, and loving community here, too; who, believe it or not, gave me the courage to step through the doors at Crossover Christian Church to begin with. It was this community Circle that strengthened me to make that very scary step out in the real world.

So, I bid you to enter in - join us - whether you are a blogger or not; whether you think you can write well or not.  Enter into our Circle of Sharing and Friendship.

Because of Him and Unto Him,

14 comments:

LOLITA said...

Diane,

My first thought of the circle of birds feeding is our COF.

You did invite me in your circle when you started to visit me and comment.

Thank you for that D. I don't feel left out now.

And your extravagant love shines like diamonds. I thank God for that too.

ILY, D.

Betty said...

Love this picture Diane, we saw those birds every day in Bolivia, they would fly up from the jungle to the mountains we lived in. They are beautiful.

More beautiful is the anology you give about the one being on the outside. We are still feeling a little like that here in California. Another time for us to trust Him. Good post Diane. Blessings

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lolita, your words mean more than you know today. Thank you. I love my Circle!

Diane Ronzino said...

I can't imagine seeing these birds everyday...

...and I'm so sorry you know the feeling of feeling like an outsider. Yes, trusting in the LORD is the only thing that gets us through these drastic times of change.

Several years ago, I started a support group for those thrust into change (no matter what the change). Sometimes when we are thrust into change unexpectantly it can leave a heart devastated. There is such a need for Circles, no matter who we are.

Veronica Shticks said...

Love, love, love the post! Thank you for making me feel welcome! When you say you embrace the differences you mean it and you live it! Love you!

joy said...

I loved the pictures and I will probably feel like you seeing the ouysider bird. We all want to belong and being a blogger let me feel that I am one of the bloggers. Can share, get inspired and get to know more talented, gifted, blessed people. People with ups and downs and with battles like me. Bless you sister Diane.

Floyd said...

I feel honored to be in your circle and thanks for always making me feel like family.

I also thought it was weird that the birds of the same body color stood together, but then again, I'm not a bird expert...

Pam said...

You know, when I first looked at this photo, I thought the same as you. But as I look at it more, I see another scenario. One of the birds at the feeder looks like it is making room for the other one that isn't quite there yet. It looks like it is encouraging it to come and join them in the circle and feed from the "living water." I think that is the image of the Lord calling us, there is still plenty of room! :) And the one on the outside looks like it is walking fast to get there! I also notice that there are three different looking birds there feeding and they are all welcome too.

Beautiful birds... what color! I love the blue and green against the vibrant orange

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, V! I can same the same about you! You have embraced and accepted me...I'm humbled and ever so grateful for your love and friendship!

Diane Ronzino said...

Joy, I am blessed that you have come to be a part of our Circle here. I've been blessed by your writings, but more importantly, your heart.

Thank you for being who you are!

Diane Ronzino said...

"Birds of a feather, flock together"....I heard that saying my whole life, Floyd.

We are "birds of a feather" as bloggers...and we are flocking together!

I must tell you that I had been praying for men to be a part of my Circle. And God brought you. I'm so blessed by your writings and as I said to Joy, moreso YOUR heart. You bless us immensely! Thank you for entering in!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, once again, we are one in the Spirit. I, too, noticed the one bird moving over and looking toward him as if to say, "There is room at this table".

Just like our Jesus does for us!

Crown of Beauty said...

I love this post, Diane. And yes, thank you for making me feel welcome in your circle. Whenever I have not visited a fave blog for a while, I make it a point to scroll down and read up a bit... just to catch up. Reading your recent posts just now has once again confirmed to me that you and I are on the same wavelength. Your post about granting permission to God to do whatever it takes to build faith in our adult children... yes, I have prayed that prayer, but like you, I've also asked God to cushion the impact with His love and compassion.

Diane, I do appreciate you and Lolita for making me feel welcome in your lives.

You know, without my having said so, (but I do now)that you are also welcome in my blog world. If you notice, I have added you and Lolita to the list of blogs in my sidebar that I frequently visit.

Much love
Lidia

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, thank you for that, Lidia! You've been on mine for quite some time now.

"Like precious faith" binds us together.

Did you ever read Lametations 2:19? Mom's cry out for their children. That's what mom's do...

Thank you, Lidia, for joing our Circle of Sharing. We love and appreciate you and your heart for The LORD.