Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oh, To Hug a Friend

Joe and I have friends who moved off Long Island about 8 years ago. In that time, I've only seen them once when they came up to NY to visit family.  We don't talk very often but when we do, it's as if we spoke yesterday.

Our relationship is a deeply spiritual, loving one. We can be genuine with each other. No masks needed.

Well, they are in NY again. Yesterday, I drove over to see them, and then Isabel and I went out lunch together. We sat for hours sharing what has been happening in our lives. We cried together, rejoiced together, and before we parted ways, we prayed and blessed each other.  Our hugs were long and heartfelt.

This morning, I find myself wanting to do that with each of you in my Circle. Truly. 

We have come to know each other spiritually and genuinely, with no masks. I have laughed with you; cried with you; laughed 'till I cried; and cried as I've prayed for you.

Can tears be bonding?  Yes, I believe they are.

I want more than anything to meet my blogging Circle. Truly, it is a desire of my heart. We must make this happen. Somehow, someway. Because I desire to look into your eyes and touch you to physically, and because I need a hug - a group hug!

But, we can start through Skyping.  I just signed up for group Skyping. Only one of us needs to do that.  I did, so there is NO need for you to do it. But you do need Skype 5.0.  If you already have Skype, please make sure it is 5.0. If not, you need to upgrade to the 5.0 one.

Next, Lolita and Lidia, do you have Skype? If not, can you look into getting it on your computer. We cannot do this without you!

We must remember that Lolita and Lidia are 12 hours ahead of us in time. So, we will have to make this group call either in the morning hours or evening to be able to have time with our precious Filipino sisters.

My friends, please let me know when you have Skype 5.O, if you want to be in on the call, and if morning or evening is best for you. Then I would need your phone numbers. You can email me: lighthouse.diane@gmail.com with your info.

I'm so excited at the thought of us all getting together SOON via this wonderful tool that God has given to us.  It certainly doesn't replace the face-to-face meeting that we WILL have, but it is a start.

I look forward to getting an email from you all!

Because of Him and Unto Him,
 

9 comments:

Crown of Beauty said...

Hi Diane,
Great idea... thanks for counting me in.

I do have Skype on my laptop, but am not sure if it is 5.0 version. Also, I have never bothered to set up a Skype account but I can ask my son to set it up for me. Maybe sometime tomorrow (it's Saturday 9 ppm here now).

Talk to you soon...

Love
Lidia

Diane Ronzino said...

GREAT, Lidia! WAHOO! I'm sure your son knows how to check what version you have and how to upgrade if necessary.

I can't wait to see you and talk with you!

Floyd said...

Lucky for you I'm Skypeaphobic! But I always enjoying reading your heart and passion.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yeah, Floyd! You may have to walk me through this. I only Skyped once or twice before with Martha. So, I will learn as I go.

It will be fun, won't it?! What is better for you morning or evening?

Betty said...

I'm up for this Diane...great way to connect. first I better check to see if my skype is a 5...well I better ask Ace if it is..hehe.

Today we had some friends from Mo. for lunch. They are from California and back home visiting family. We served with them at the Langauge School, great couple. Five hours into our visit we all realized we had not had our Sunday nap...no one cared. Sweet fellowship as we shared all God had been teaching us, how much closer we had drawn to Him because of some hard times in our lives.

With close friends you can just pick up and carry on where you left off. The neat thing about our blogs is we just keep carrying on and never have to leave off. Look forward to a skype contact. Blessings

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
I think a Group Skype would be a great idea.

Let me know as things move along!

Blessings.

martha

Lolita said...

I am gonna check with the version as well as the cam. I can only use the online/internet connection I have in the office and I need a cam, a headphone with speaker. It would be that way so us not to disturb my other office mates and the Boss.

And when I have all the gadgets fixed into my PC,,,, I might only be able to skype by lunch-time.

Wahoo... in the meantime get on with it and I will catch up with you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for sharing your Sunday with us, Betty. I'm sure it felt like a great, big hug, which it did for me. And I love what you said about blogging: You can just carry on and not leave off. Absolutely!

Yes, please have Ace check for you.

Diane Ronzino said...

Lolita, let me know as soon as you hook up. Lunchtime may not work for us though - becasue that would be the middle of our night here...

Can you possiblly go into work early one morning or stay later in the evning?

I guess the hard part of this will be scheduling so that it will be good for everyone. But, we will work around you. So, let me know as soon as you are hooked up and we will set a day and time.

So excited!