Monday, June 11, 2012

What's Up with Our One Words?

Do you believe we are half-way through 2012 already?

www.oneword365.com
I've been assessing how I'm doing with my One Word goal for this year.

And I'd like to know how you are doing with your One Word goal for 2012. Please share with me, as I have prayed for each of you who I knew had a One Word goal.

My One Word was actually two: Extravagant Love.

I was reading Romans 8:32-39 the other day:

He Who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not, with Him, also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God Who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ Who died, and furthermore is also risen, Who is even at the right hand of God, Who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the Love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
    “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as     sheep for the slaughter.”
Yet, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who Loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
This is a picture of God Almighty's Extravagant Love toward me. Toward you. We are on the receiving end on a Love that will never quit and can never be taken from us!

But, what about me pouring out Extravagant Love to others? I don't ever have a problem receiving God's Love for me, but people...

Since, I've come out of the wilderness I was in for seven years, slowly, I'm allowing others love for me to reach my heart again. And willingly allow my heart, that is so filled with God's Love, to pour out to others.  It's been slow - like a springtime tulip opening itself up unto full bloom in the sunshine. But, I'm getting there. 

I'm getting there!

How are you doing with your goal? Please share.

Because of Him and Unto Him,


14 comments:

joy said...

HOw I am sharing God's extravagant love?
maybe touch of love to people around me. Offer a helping hand. Make them smile or laugh. doing good deeds in the name of God and sharing his words. Not in my own strenght, but from our God's extravagant love to us.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, yes, Joy, certainly not in our own strength. Did you have any goals for 2012?

Veronica Shticks said...

Beautiful! My favorite part is when you say, "I'm getting there, I'm getting there!"

Floyd said...

I didn't commit to a word for the year, I contemplated it, but couldn't really find one area that needed more of me than all of it. Maybe that's an excuse...

I'm encouraged by your words and analogy of the tulip opening, it's almost impossible to open up without the heart and will of God protecting our hearts I think.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Wow-just ONE word-now that is proving to be hard-but I must say my heart keeps going to is JOY!

I am finding my heart more open to JOY, more willing to find it, and very willing to Share JOY with others..

Believe me Diane- for me to choose this word, I have indeed come a long way!!!

God bless you for sharing these loving words, and to give an example of a tulip opening up-my goodness-its Right on and makes you think!!!

Love, Martha

Pam said...

I didn't really choose a word... unless it was "looking for His wonder" at the beginning of the year. God has been showing me those wonder moments in the midst of tough times... and making me look expectantly for them. :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi V! Yes, I'm getting there! We are all "a work in progress", as the saying goes. Isn't that an awesome thought?

We don't have to be perfect, just moving toward being better!

Diane Ronzino said...

Floyd, I find that the only way I can is in trusting God with my heart. Humankind will trample upon it, but God never will. And I sure do know that if it gets trampled upon, God is right there to heal my heart!

Couldn't ask for more than that!

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, JOY is a great One Word for you! I love how you find joy through the harshest of circumstances. That is a gift! Keep pursuing Joy, my friend!

Diane Ronzino said...

I know, Pam...and you share those wonders with us all so beautifully. Thank you for that, my friend. You whisk me away into your wonder-full life!

Betty said...

Kind...battle...glad Jesus is kind toward me...will take courage to be kind...thanks for the reminder Diane.

Diane Ronzino said...

We all need reminders, Betty!

Lolita said...

.... and definitely getting there too, I have been spring cleaning... and some cobwebs have been taken down, not by my might but by the power of He who does not falter.

Some unforgiven hidden in my heart were processed and lifted upon God's feet..... some misgivings were replaced with understanding and love.... a youth's broken dream was replaced with acceptance... and the list is counting.

I am also cleaning the physical aspect, thanks with your informative health site, I am getting there too, with high hopes.

CLEANLINESS (PHYSICAL) IS NEXT TO GODLINESS (SPIRITUAL & EMOTIONAL).

WOHOOOO!!!!

Diane Ronzino said...

WAHOO!!! Your cheers are infectious, Lolita!

Thank you for sharing how your spring cleaning is coming - wow, you'e worked on so much. I'm really blessed to hear that!

Your life, and heart, is such an example to us, Lolita! Truly. You are a very special Woman of God, who lets her Light so shine before me, that we can truly glorify our Father in Heaven!