Friday, June 15, 2012

Here Come Da Judge

Isn't she pretty?  I think so.

Take a closer look.

It wasn't until I enlarged the photo and took the time to really study her face that I realized it wasn't a face at all. I just perceived her as a face.
     What we see depends mainly on what we look for. ~ John Lubbock
How many times do we look at someone or a situation and perceive something that is totally not truth? But, we believe what we believe. Our "eyes" can, and will, deceive us.

We're studying the Book of James at Bible Study.

Phew....

Even after all these years, Jame's words still cut me like a knife.
My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Lord of Glory, with partiality.  For if there should come into your assembly a man with gold rings, in fine apparel, and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes, and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him, “You sit here in a good place,” and say to the poor man, “You stand there,” or, “Sit here at my footstool,” have you not shown partiality among yourselves, and become judges with evil thoughts? ~ James 1:1-4
Judges...with evil thoughts?!

~~~~

Oh, Merciful Father, thank You for The Blood of our Lord Jesus that covers us; that affords us the gift of Your Mercy.

Forgive me my thoughts and my partiality. Forgive me for seeing what my mind wants to see - instead of Truth. Thank You, that You do not judge us according to our outward appearances.  I bow before You with a humbled heart and with thanksgiving. I'm so grateful for Your Love, Mercy, and Grace that is extended to me.

I pray You do not see evil thoughts or intents when You look into my heart; but, if You do, please, my Abba, show me.  I want to have a pure heart.  For blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God (Matt. 5:8).  I want to see You, Jesus, everywhere I go and in the face of all I meet.

And especially in my own reflection.

Because of Him and Unto Him,

12 comments:

Lolita said...

Amen to that, my Father....it is my own prayer too, for how often do I look in a subjective eyes rather than what is true.... what lies beneath the skin.

I want to see better from your perspective, dear Lord.... and treat everyone what is due them with equality and not see in their covering. Amen in the name of Jesus!

Thanks you for this, D.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
"Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" using this image was amazing-because at First glance, I thought what I saw was a face. No second thought to it, but once I stopped-everything is clear.

Judging others-sometimes I believe it sneaks up on us-we are so human and out fly the words-without pausing to reflect- "Wait-what gives me the right to think that about another person?"

Judge not least ye be Judged.

Powerful-we have all been at the receiving end of Judgement--and its not a Nice place to be.

The Lord gives us free will-and I too pray for the wisdom to be a better person, looking to HIM first, and always.

Thank you for these words. Opens up the heart-truly......

Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

My Dear Sisters, Amen to all you wrote!

Ann Cocktale said...

Judging can wear you out! It is so much healthier to assume the good, but if we were all good He wouldn't have had to send His son. I love the picture. Most of the time we judge what people want us to see.

Betty said...

Diane...love James... it bothers me more when I realize I have been judging others out of a critical heart. I found my self doing just that recently...it was like I was on a roll DOWN HILL and couldn't stop till Ace, "why are you so critical". Of course pride jumped up and tried to cover...two steps back in my walk...praise God He always offers three steps forward, again and again and again.

Keep teaching my sister on this ... I think it's the most needed thing in body of Christ.

Blessings

Floyd said...

Cool picture. I think we're all guilty of that to one degree or another. My heart aches over those mistakes. I think that's a good thing, it is the beginning of wisdom.

Much wisdom in this post today and a needed reminder to all of us.

Crown of Beauty said...

I loved the picture, Diane.

But I loved the words you wrote even more.

Piercing truth, and I prayed the prayer you shared. Forgive me father for the times I have become a judge with evil thoughts - on another person.

This strikes me because just yesterday I had to repent before God for judging a friend, wanting to withdraw from her... saying she was not worthy to remain a friend of mine.

Jesus opened my eyes to my own heart, judging her with my evil thoughts...

And so you understand how this post speaks so much to me today.

Thank you Diane.

Much love
Lidia

Pam said...

Yes it is so easy to jump to snap judgements and then realize later how wrong you are... the mitigating circumstances. Good reminder, Diane! I love this artwork...clever.

joy said...

I was a timely reminder. I pray to that I will always see others through HIs eyes coz sometimes it is very easy to look at others with judging eyes. Who we are to judge God's creation anyway...

Pam said...

Oh, and I was going to say your reference to Laugh In with that title made me smile... :)

Judi S. Coleman said...

Funny...I just wrote on my own blog about how quickly I judge...thank you for challenging me with this again. Perhaps God is trying to work on my heart? (ya' think?!)

So appreciate your postings...wish I had time to relish them more. Pain has narrowed my activities greatly these days. Yet, God is my companion and my joy,

Judi

Diane Ronzino said...

To my brothers and sisters who commented:

Thank you all for commenting and your transparency. I know I'm not the only one who needed this message, but it is Christ-like for you to say you did too. I'm honored to be a part of your lives and thank God for you in my life.

You all cause me to grow and be willing to be vulnerable before my God and my brother/sisterhood.

We are all changed from glory to glory!

HALLELUJAH!