Monday, May 14, 2012

Warrior Child

I had a very intense last few days. On Saturday, word of a tragedy hit me hard. Very hard. After travailing in the Spirit for hours, I was numb. And that feeling was with me all weekend.

Then Mother's Day was just another typical Sunday. We only have one child who lives on Long Island, the other two are in Tennessee and Michigan.  Michael is a sous chef in a high-end Hampton's restaurant, so he had to work. Originally, we were going to eat at his restaurant just so I could be close to one of my children. But, due to circumstances, we couldn't eat there. I was disappointed and angry.

So, as soon as I got up this morning, I ran into Abba's arms to snuggle. I just wanted to be held and soothed, like I would do for one of my children when they were young.  As I sat in His Presence the words to an old Twila Paris' song, The Warrior Is A Child, came to me:

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
Strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running Home when I fall down
They don't know Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
Never face retreat
But they don't see the enemy
Lay me at His Feet

They don't know that I go running Home when I fall down
They don't know Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

They don't know that I go running Home when I fall down
They don't know Who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and look Up for a smile
'Cause deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child
And I knew I was right where I needed to be - on my Father's lap.  
Can anyone relate?
Because of Him and Unto Him,


14 comments:

joy said...

Yes, I can relate. Sometimes things are so overwhelming, but thanks God, coz we can come to him like achild that needs comfort.

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen, Joy! Where would we be without Him? That is something I can't even conjure up in my imagination.

Pam said...

Yes! I feel teary eyed so much lately, and this is not good for my health, so I'm running to Him just as you and this song describe! Thanks for sharing these lyrics... God's peace surround you. I think it is Deut. 33:12 that describes His hug...

Floyd said...

Deep inside we really are just grown up children, little boys and girls who've learned how to act strong. True strength in this life is only found through the hand of God... and comfort in His lap.

Thanks for sharing your heart today.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Pam, that is the Scripture - "between His shoulders". SIGH...

Do you know her song, Pam? I sing it and just weep.

Nestled into His Love is a good place for us to be! And remember, He collects our tears and saves them. Each drop is precious to Him!

It's OK to be teary-eyed once in a while! It's a stress-reliever.

I'm glad we're on His lap together!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks for stopping by again Floyd and sharing your words with us all! I think those of us who have experienced the lap of God understands...we are blessed indeed!

Pam said...

No, those lyrics don't sound familiar from radio. Yes, it can be a stress reliever but also contributes to causing the stuff I've just been through so that's not good. But God is bigger than all this stuff. I'm standing on the word promise for double return for all the locust has stolen, including this latest attack on my long time friendship. Yes, I love that verse about the bottle too... Thanks, Diane!

Lolita said...

Yes, Diane.

Sometimes we grow weary and overwhelmed with circumstances not working our way.

Then we shed our armor-an armor which encases a child inside, and we go running to our Father-child-like and all, releasing all to Him, drawing comfort in His embrace.

May grace and strength surround you today, Diane.

Betty said...

Amazing words put to music. I think He was humming those words to you my friend as you rested on His lap. Praying...

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Pam and Lolita! And Betty, you are right. I do believe that is how the song came to me.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Yes we have these moments where it seems things are really moving along-we are getting things done, making progress and then with no warning-
God stops us in our tracks and we are brought HOME-to HIM-giving us the reminder that no matter how Tough the Days might be-filled with emotional Pain that we probably stuff down-but yet when a crisis hits-our hearts seem to break wide open and there we are-Emotions laying all over the place, and standing at the feet of Jesus-and HE is there for us.

Mothers Day is a HARD day for so many women! Make no mistaking that fact-if we have traveled on a rocky road with our Children, that Pain seems to come flying Home and smacks us hard.

I had no idea of how my nerves had been on edge about my husband having surgery until after we walked in the door yesterday, he headed to the bed for needed sleep and I walked outside, to find myself sobbing my heart out!

Nothing was making sense-and yet Everything made sense-as I forced myself to Look at my Tears and first be okay with Crying-its something I hate doing-but am learning how healing these tears can be.

I sat down, and let the world around me stop MOVING-and then I was able to hear and feel the love of God washing over me.

That was a glorious moment-and I learned a great deal about the stress load women carry all the time-and it made me think about the Mother of Jesus-how she suffered with her Son.

I am blessed to be loved by God and know-its okay to let it all go and just be still.

thanks for this wonderful post Diane, brought me to a loving place.

Martha

Veronica Shticks said...

Wow, what a perfect soothing song to lull a sweet deserving woman!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Martha, I'm so glad you could run into His Arms and cry. His tenderness toward us is so extraordinary!

I'm so sorry you and Matt had to go through all that. We all send you our love and hugs! Please REST tonight!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, V! It always amazes me when a song comes to mind in moments like that. Truly perfect.

I love music!!!!